Talk

Advanced search

You know the viewport bar?

(16 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Trills Thu 30-Apr-15 20:22:28

I like it.

I use it all the time.

If I complained when it first came in, I apologise.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 30-Apr-15 21:37:59

Well, you've made our evening, Trills. Always pleased to see a happy Mumsnetter! Thanks for letting us know!

magimedi Thu 30-Apr-15 22:40:10

WTF is the viewpoint bar?

I am using a desktop so suspect this is something not available to me.

So I am going to moan - just 'cos I can.

<stamp>

Pipbin Thu 30-Apr-15 22:41:48

What is it and will it serve a G&T?

Priceypizza Thu 30-Apr-15 22:42:01

Yes I really like it to. Much easy to navigate the site smile

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Thu 30-Apr-15 22:42:40

Viewport bar?

Is it like the olden days with the barrrrrrrrrrrrr? <excited>

Trills Fri 01-May-15 07:30:57

I am using a desktop so suspect this is something not available to me.

No indeed, if you are using the desktop site that is the exact place to find it!

It's this dangly fucker that appears when you scroll down and lets you quickly go to places you might want to go (although I'd like to see the stats on whether anyone uses "watching")

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Fri 01-May-15 07:33:52

Is it the "add a message" bit at the top of the screen?

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Fri 01-May-15 07:35:37

I don't get the scrolly thing? I'm using desktop site on iPad, is that the reason?

RatOnnaStick Fri 01-May-15 07:39:03

The floaty bar! I remember there was such a hoo-ha when it was introduced. And then after much whinging by a quite small number of posters who didn't like change it, it was taken away again at which point the majority of posters who actually quite liked it got upset and shouty (including me) and they brought it back again. Not sure if its opt in or opt out now.

Trills Fri 01-May-15 07:39:30

Can you see my picture?

It's the thing that appears saying Active || I'm on || I'm watching and has some social media buttons and a search bar.

So when you're partway down a thread and you think "I'm done with this" you can go to Active Conversations or Threads I'm On without havig to scroll back up to the top of the page to find the buttons.

I'll add "let me see what devices and operating systems and browsers people use" to my stats request.

I do a lot of typing on here so I prefer to use a laptop rather than tablet or phone.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Fri 01-May-15 07:41:29

Ah yes, I see your pic, trills.

I don't get the bar on iPad. I don't use MN on my laptop or PC so I don't know if it appears on my log in there.

magimedi Sat 02-May-15 12:23:49

I've just discovered that I had it hidden.

Am going to try using it for a bit.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 02-May-15 14:35:51

eyebrows

Trills Sat 02-May-15 21:37:04

Gin for lunch, Olivia?

magimedi Sat 02-May-15 22:35:55

grin

Glad it's not just me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now