Talk

Advanced search

Can android app send email notifications?? If not, why not!

(9 Posts)
50ShadesofGreyMatter Mon 16-Feb-15 00:44:37

Hi, As above, can't find a button for it on the android app, please say it does and tell me how, pretty please with cherries on top grin

cozietoesie Mon 16-Feb-15 11:17:19

I don't think so - in fact the number of things that the App can't do would go halfway round the M25 if written down on tape. Luckily, there's a new one in the works so you'll just have to be patient at the moment. smile

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:24:19

Cozie you absolute gem - you took the words right out our mouth. Although, could you fiddle with email notifications in customise and see if that makes a difference?

50ShadesofGreyMatter Mon 16-Feb-15 19:51:38

There is nothing in customise about email notifications.

cozietoesie Mon 16-Feb-15 20:07:38

There is - at the bottom of the first main tranche of options on Active Conversations and Threads I'm On. (That would make it about two thirds of the way down the Customise page - or so.)

I 'think' that what Kate means - and she'll doubtless tell me if I've misunderstood - is that if you can access the desktop site, you can change account settings and might receive notifications whether you're only using the App or not. Of course even if so, that may not be what you want by 'email notifications' - in which case, the new App may help. (Or it may not - who can tell!)

smile

50ShadesofGreyMatter Mon 16-Feb-15 20:48:47

I meant there is no facility to do this on customise in the app. I already get the notifications on my computer and I've just looked at email on my tablet and email notifications for threads are there which hasn't worked for the last couple of days but is working now, strange.

cozietoesie Mon 16-Feb-15 20:54:47

.....I meant there is no facility to do this on customise in the app.....

There aren't many facilities to do anything on the App grin- hence the revamp which they're doing. It should be interesting to see what the new one contains.

(And I think that Tech found the remains of the Xmas gin at the weekend - bookmarks disappeared for 2-3 days so the reappearance of your emails doesn't surprise me. smile)

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Feb-15 12:30:34

Huge apols 50Shades, looks like things have been fairly wonky for you flowers But you're getting notifications now, yes? <hopeful face>

Yep cozie - that's what I was driving at! Thank you for the interpreting skillz cake

50ShadesofGreyMatter Tue 17-Feb-15 19:20:19

Yes thanks Kate I am getting them now although I didn't make any changes, must be some voodoo going on in the background confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: