Talk

Advanced search

Magic 'only show posts by the OP' button?

(8 Posts)
MsMarple Fri 13-Feb-15 12:09:46

Don't suppose there is any hope of someone inventing a magic button so that on a really long thread you can search within it or filter to only show posts by the OP (or anyone else even?!?). Or is there a way already that I don't know about?

Just feeling guilty about time spent trawling through threads, when I should perhaps have been getting on with something else instead...

PinkSquash Fri 13-Feb-15 12:14:17

in absence of the button (which would be handy!) You could advance search the poster if you're that way inclined?

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Feb-15 12:14:36

Have you got the OP colour highlighted? Go to Customise and get the Highlight options.

All the Ops posts are 'Forest Green' for me.

I do always try to read the whole thread though...

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 13-Feb-15 12:14:46

YOu can colour all the OP's posts and your own, if you wish (I've got it set so that OPs are green, mine are lavender)

Just go into 'customise' ^^ up there.

Makes it much easier to scroll through and spot the OPs posts. You can't hide all the others though.

Mcnorton Fri 13-Feb-15 12:16:47

you can't colour the posts on the app though, which is annoying.

BlueKarou Fri 13-Feb-15 12:18:52

Same as Sparkling and Bore - I've got the OP's posts highlighted in a fetching pinky purple (my posts are all green)

Alternatively, most browsers should let you do ctrl + f to open the find box; you can then type in the beginning of the OP's name and skip through to all mentions of them.

MsMarple Fri 13-Feb-15 12:22:34

Colours! Amazing, thank you.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-Feb-15 18:47:41

Hurrah - glad tis all sorted

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: