Advanced search

Magic 'only show posts by the OP' button?

(8 Posts)
MsMarple Fri 13-Feb-15 12:09:46

Don't suppose there is any hope of someone inventing a magic button so that on a really long thread you can search within it or filter to only show posts by the OP (or anyone else even?!?). Or is there a way already that I don't know about?

Just feeling guilty about time spent trawling through threads, when I should perhaps have been getting on with something else instead...

PinkSquash Fri 13-Feb-15 12:14:17

in absence of the button (which would be handy!) You could advance search the poster if you're that way inclined?

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Feb-15 12:14:36

Have you got the OP colour highlighted? Go to Customise and get the Highlight options.

All the Ops posts are 'Forest Green' for me.

I do always try to read the whole thread though...

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 13-Feb-15 12:14:46

YOu can colour all the OP's posts and your own, if you wish (I've got it set so that OPs are green, mine are lavender)

Just go into 'customise' ^^ up there.

Makes it much easier to scroll through and spot the OPs posts. You can't hide all the others though.

Mcnorton Fri 13-Feb-15 12:16:47

you can't colour the posts on the app though, which is annoying.

BlueKarou Fri 13-Feb-15 12:18:52

Same as Sparkling and Bore - I've got the OP's posts highlighted in a fetching pinky purple (my posts are all green)

Alternatively, most browsers should let you do ctrl + f to open the find box; you can then type in the beginning of the OP's name and skip through to all mentions of them.

MsMarple Fri 13-Feb-15 12:22:34

Colours! Amazing, thank you.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-Feb-15 18:47:41

Hurrah - glad tis all sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now