Talk

Advanced search

Is there a way to get Jobs off my active convos?

(10 Posts)
EauRouge Thu 12-Feb-15 16:28:44

I can't find it in the customisable bit. Thanks smile

cozietoesie Thu 12-Feb-15 16:49:31

It's in Customise but right at the bottom under 'Ignore topics in Active Conversations' or something similar. Here's the link.

EauRouge Thu 12-Feb-15 17:00:42

Thanks, I can get to that bit but there's no jobs topic to remove from my topic list in Active Convos- there's all the ones I do want like sports, gardening etc but no jobs. It's not in the list of topics that I've already removed either. Does that mean I can't get rid of it?

cozietoesie Thu 12-Feb-15 17:28:33

Gosh, neither there is. (It should be under Classified.) Looks as if you can't then - unless MNHQ or another poster know a way.

EauRouge Thu 12-Feb-15 17:41:53

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was going bonkers! I guess we'll have to wait to hear from MNHQ.

cozietoesie Thu 12-Feb-15 22:46:01

Actually, Jobs is not the only thing missing from that list - Classified, for example, has only 8 entries in the Ignore list but 11 (I think) in the main menu. I wonder whether someone in Tech built that Ignore function but forgot to link it to changes in the main menu?

smile

cozietoesie Thu 12-Feb-15 22:48:46

And Yes - I'm at a loose end. grin For once.

EauRouge Fri 13-Feb-15 09:11:52

How odd. I've reported the thread to MNHQ, hopefully they'll be able to get to the bottom of it.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Feb-15 10:32:49

Ah - it's £££. The ones that are missing are the chargeable categories (of which Jobs is one) so it looks like a policy reason for their non-inclusion. I'm guessing that the chargeable categories are time-limited in some way (I've never used them myself) so a decision was taken not to include them.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-Feb-15 11:39:38

Hullo - thanks v much for flagging this to us! We'll have a furtle around and see what we can do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: