Talk

Advanced search

Would you consider stopping the pop up invite? It's really pissing me off.

(14 Posts)
HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Wed 28-Jan-15 18:50:28

Every week it's another one. This week it's Claudia something or other.

It's really irritating.

Have a sticky in active convos, put an ad down the side, something. But please stop that purple pain in the arse from creeping up from the bottom of the screen. If I want to join in, I will. Currently I feel nagged. grin

Older Wed 28-Jan-15 22:19:18

Me too smile

mrspink27 Wed 28-Jan-15 22:20:07

Same here...

MrsBertMacklin Wed 28-Jan-15 23:11:15

Same, especially as it obscures the messaging field and can't actually see what I'm writing without closing it. Flaking envelope also making me quite close to putting ad block back on for MN

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Jan-15 23:31:36

Thanks for the feedback on this - will pass on to powers that be.

ZacharyQuack Wed 28-Jan-15 23:47:39

Me too. I'm not in Britain, so most of the pop-up subjects are irrelevant to me, which makes them doubly annoying.

BlackbirdOnTheWire Thu 29-Jan-15 00:00:14

Me too. I couldn't get rid of it so stopped logging on for a while but it's still there. At least get rid of it once it's been closed... Give us an option to decline the invitation FFS instead of just thrusting it back at us!

CuttedUpPear Thu 29-Jan-15 00:02:57

I feel nagged too

<whines>

But cake for Olivia on the graveyard shift.

BlameItOnTheBogey Thu 29-Jan-15 00:03:28

I hate it.

ChippingInLatteLover Thu 29-Jan-15 00:09:52

I was contemplating starting a thread about it, so thank,you smile

I don't mind it popping up once, but once I've hit the x, I'd like it to stay gone. Please.

SavoyCabbage Thu 29-Jan-15 00:17:41

It's like having a jack-in-the-box in front of the screen.

BertieBotts Thu 29-Jan-15 00:19:58

It does seem to have suddenly become a rather more alarming shade of purple. <narrows eyes suspiciously> Did you start them off inconspicuous so we wouldn't mind and then in a few years it will be a rotating dancing gigantic purple box which fills the entire screen and shouts at you? Or a hologram probably

Rummikub Thu 29-Jan-15 01:10:06

Same here. V irritating.

DPotter Thu 29-Jan-15 01:51:15

please turn off the pop up - it's so awful. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: