Talk

Advanced search

Sexual Violence topic?

(10 Posts)
Whitershadeofpale Fri 09-Jan-15 17:47:54

Partly influenced by all of the CE threads, but also many in realtionships/ chat etc. I think a sexual violence topic would be a really good way of having discussion/ support/ debate all together.

Additionally, many people find these threads triggering and it's difficult to know where they'll occur as the subject matter is so broad. This way people who didn't wish to read these threads could hide the topic.

Anyone else agree?

overmydeadbody Fri 09-Jan-15 17:49:07

No!

I don't think that is wise at all.

BertieBotts Fri 09-Jan-15 17:49:56

Troll magnet anybody?

Whitershadeofpale Fri 09-Jan-15 17:50:50

Any reason? It could be unsearchable or not in active conversations to try and prevent the trolls.

Mrsmorton Fri 09-Jan-15 17:51:41

What's CE?

AuntieStella Fri 09-Jan-15 17:52:06

I wouldn't agree with this because I don't think it should be 'other' IYSWIM. It could be in relationships, feminist chat, In The News, politics, chat, 30 days only (or another topic if there was a particular angle).

Also it could easily become a troll magnet.

ThereIsACarInTheKitchen Fri 09-Jan-15 20:43:14

I have to admit that I would like to see something like this. As has been pointed out however I would worry it would become a troll magnet.

Samcro Fri 09-Jan-15 20:53:51

I have posted in site stuff asking for similar
Or at least a one thread rule

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Jan-15 22:19:06

Hallo Samcro We don't do one threads any more afaik, cos so many folk on mobs/tablets etc, we don't like threads to run more than 1000 posts.

OP As for a separate topic, it's probably unlikely for the same reason we don't have a sex topic - newsworthy stuff will be in the news topic etc.
HTH

Samcro Fri 09-Jan-15 23:32:16

dear MN HQ
this is not my thread.....mine is in site stuff too.
this is not it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now