Talk

Advanced search

christmas gift tag

(9 Posts)
AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 09-Jan-15 08:09:50

When is the "Have you received your gift from Secret Santa" going to disappear? Honestly, it's driving me crazy, having it pop up blocking things on every page!! Please PLEASE remove them now!

FruChristerOla Fri 09-Jan-15 08:46:22

Do you mean this one www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2223380-Come-sing-a-Thank-You-for-your-Secret-Santa-2014-gift? In which case I'm a bit confused - it hasn't got a MN 'sticky' on it, but it's still quite high up because people are still posting on it.

FruChristerOla Fri 09-Jan-15 09:06:07

Oh sorry - it's just occurred to me what you mean. The little pop-up thingy? Did you click on it when you got your gift?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Jan-15 16:24:55

Hi Alice

If you click 'yes' (even if you didn't actually receive the gift fsad) it will go away.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 09-Jan-15 16:31:56

I did... it's finally disappeared - although I did click on it early this morning again, it's finally gone. (I actually clicked on it days ago, but got some weird glitch, so assume that one didn't go through)

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 09-Jan-15 16:32:20

Thanks!

Xmas2014SantaC1310 Fri 09-Jan-15 16:35:12

Sadly, some of us who have sent gifts haven't had an acknowledgment on the thread. It's not about thanks - at all; in fact it's more worry that the MN recipient is OK. Or, at the very least, that the gift has gone astray somehow.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Jan-15 16:40:55

Sorry to hear that. The notification system that Alice was having trouble with was our attempt to address this (amongst other things) - allowing users to v quickly let us (and their Secret Santa sender) know that something had been received.

We can't chase up those who don't, for whatever reason, acknowledge receipt - it would take a fair bit of woman power, and we have to bear in mind that some people may not have acknowledged because of very sad or overwhelming RL reasons, so we don't really want to get on their cases too much.

We do appreciate that it's annoying from the sender's POV though. Please accept flowers wine brew from MNHQ for your generosity.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 09-Jan-15 16:42:21

I did put a thank you on the thread, the very day I received the lovely gifts in the post (just before Christmas). There was a tag on the page that was just being a bit ... well, obstinate. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now