Talk

Advanced search

Can you save/pin a thread 'forever'?

(8 Posts)
imip Thu 08-Jan-15 19:05:02

Just wondering...

There is a lovely little thread of Londoners sharing their tourist secrets ATM. I'd love to keep it for easy reference, rather than have to search it every time. I know I could 'watch' it or comment on it, but eventually that would drop off my watch list. Come to think of it, I could think of a few travel/life hack threads that I'd like to keep, but not have to search all the time (I'm flipping useless at searching!).

Is this already possible and am I being dim, or would it be possible?

RustyBear Thu 08-Jan-15 19:07:32

I have watched threads from 2006 which still come up on my list, so they don't automatically 'drop off'

imip Thu 08-Jan-15 19:08:41

Ahh, yes, they looked blank to me but when I click on them they come up - doh...

I feel on the past that I've lost a lot of my 'watch' list, but perhaps not...

Thanks!

tharsheblows Thu 08-Jan-15 19:09:21

I don't think it would drop off your watch list. I've had a recipe on mine ever since watching threads began!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 08-Jan-15 19:18:53

Hi imip,

As others have said, if a thread's on your 'watch' list it ought to stay there indefinitely unless you remove it.

The only time a thread could disappear is if it's one that was started in, say Chat, or another time-limited topic. We'll happily move such threads over to somewhere more permanent if the OP agrees. smile

Titsalinabumsquash Thu 08-Jan-15 19:24:06

Where is that thread? I'd love to watch it! My NYR is to explore London a bit more whilst we're stuck in hospital. smile

FruChristerOla Thu 08-Jan-15 19:33:12

I don't know about saving specific threads.

But 'us Londoners' threads has been moved into the UK topic www.mumsnet.com/Talk/uk/2276463-Chat-thread-for-Londoners-sorry-for-being-quichey-everyone-else?, so will be saved for posterity!

imip Thu 08-Jan-15 21:08:17

Yes, I think perhaps threads I'm thinking that I held on too were perhaps deleted, or could well have been in chat. I saw them all today, but they looked blank, but in the past I'm sure I haven't seen them...ah well...

Perhaps it's destined for classics, I live slap-band in the centre of London and I don't go past my own borough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now