Talk

Advanced search

Oh my FRIFFING merengue, HQ!

(20 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns Fri 02-Jan-15 18:14:40

Please please please can yiu poop a warning at the TOP of a zombie thread as well as the bottom?

Or change the colour?

Or give it a different scent to tother threads?

Or summat?

I hardly ever in here anymire and just wasted whole SECONDS of my loife reading about HKLP. Not even fresh comments on eetiquette. Chuh.

And while you're at it, I know you're terribly busynall but have yiu considered some sort of sort swipeology oon threads?

Tia.

ChaosTrulyReigns Fri 02-Jan-15 18:15:48

Alopogies, my notsofarking smart phone is an ARSE typer.

AuntieStella Fri 02-Jan-15 18:23:37

Love the word "Alopogies" - I might be stealing it!

(what's HKLP?)

Littlefish Fri 02-Jan-15 18:26:07

I agree with CTR. Sometimes I read through a whole thread and go to post on it before I realise that it's a zombie thread. I'm a respectful and polite MN poster and would never dream of posting after reading just the first message, so it can be a colossal waste of time!

EmpressOfJurisfiction Fri 02-Jan-15 18:26:47

Don't know about HKLP but I like the idea of swipeology. Would that be for swiping annoying posters?

ChaosTrulyReigns Fri 02-Jan-15 20:18:20

*Littlefish Fri 02-Jan-15 18:26:07
I agree with CTR*

I'm rather partial to Littlefish.

wink

EmpressOfJurisfiction Fri 02-Jan-15 20:23:42

Perhaps zombie threads could smell of rotten fish. What IS HKLP, Chaos?

Littlefish Fri 02-Jan-15 21:11:42

I am a very nice fish, and not in the least rotten.

Fairenuff Sun 04-Jan-15 22:54:15

Just put the big 'ole Zombie right at the top. Purleese?

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Jan-15 15:33:10

How about having this autoplay on old threads? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

p.s We will consider your eminently sensible suggestion

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 05-Jan-15 16:54:14

I have never been called eminently sensible in my life before, KateS. I think I'm probably not in your power forever. SWOON.

As an aside, I've just read ANOTHER 200 reply thread without realising. Gah.

<<tasp watch>>

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 05-Jan-15 16:55:16

I did NOT type the word not!

Howthe?

PulpsNotFiction Mon 05-Jan-15 16:57:12

PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS. IT IS SOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING.

What's the point of having it at the end of the thread? The posters (often spammers) who resurrect zombie threads obviously don't care that it's a zombie thread and ignore the warning anyway.

CakeUpWall Mon 05-Jan-15 16:58:18

When Chaos' phone posts random shite, I can relax knowing that all is right with the world. <contented sigh>

CakeUpWall Mon 05-Jan-15 17:01:04

Oh, and I agree wholeheartedly, btw.

A message at the top would prevent the wasting of precious time spent reading Zombie threads. Thank you for raising it, Chaos.

CaptainJamesTKirk Mon 05-Jan-15 17:07:02

I bloody hate getting roped into reading a zombie thread. MN should have a purge of old boring threads.

Littlefish Wed 07-Jan-15 10:45:10

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

I've just wasted 20 minutes reading a zombie thread, when I should have been emptying bins/doing the washing/eating cake etc. Instead, I got stuck into a really interesting thread and not until the last post did I realise it was 3 years old and the OP had not kept the thread up to date.

It's this one

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Wed 07-Jan-15 10:54:51

Yes please!!

There were 3 over the holidays that I read before realising, on one of them I saw Valhalla posting & got all excited that she was back, only to realise it was a Zombie thread and it was just a shit stirring twat who'd resurrected it. Idiot.

There was another one too, that was actually very sad and the fuckwit who resurrected it should have been taken out and shot sad

NakedFamilyFightClub Wed 07-Jan-15 10:56:19

I agree too, could we have the zombie warning hang around for about 15 posts as well? That should keep down the numbers of people who post without realising after a thread is resurrected.

Littlefish Wed 07-Jan-15 11:04:00

I agree with Naked too, that the zombie warning should stay for more than a couple of posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now