Talk

Advanced search

Help! I can't change my name back!

(6 Posts)
Xmas2014MN6990 Wed 24-Dec-14 15:22:00

I've just name changed to say thank you for my Secret Santa gift, and now I can't change my name back. sad

What can I do?

cozietoesie Wed 24-Dec-14 18:25:37

Go and have a Xmas gin and have another go in 5 minutes. You'll likely just have got yourself in a fankle.

grin

MincePionaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Dec-14 22:44:41

Hi OP! We've just had a look and it seems ok to us from this end. Drop us a line again if you're still having trouble.

2kidsintow Wed 24-Dec-14 22:45:46

How do you namechange? I've never quite worked it out.

cozietoesie Wed 24-Dec-14 23:05:23

If you're on the desktop site - My Mumsnet (top right of page)> my account > user name (second box) > change your user name > insert your password > save. That should do it.

A 'success bar' should appear at the very top of the page and you should also see the name you've changed to at the top of the message box - the box in which you type a post - so that you can check.

The new name you've chosen will also be 'reserved' for you and will appear in your user name history. I'm afraid I've never chosen a name that was already 'taken' so I can't say what is shown then.

2kidsintow Fri 26-Dec-14 00:02:08

Thanks. smile

Heads off to investigate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now