Talk

Advanced search

can we have an 'under the bridge' topic?

(11 Posts)
MsMarvel Wed 17-Dec-14 12:02:48

There's been a lot of fictional threads that have been pulled recently but we're pretty good reads. I totally understand that they need to be pulled and have it acknowledged that they are fantasy, and I understand that more sensitive subjects need to be pulled completely, but for the harmless ones (liftzilla etc) it's a shame that they disappear.

Could there be a topic for them to go where it's accepted they are made up, but they can still provide an entertaining read?

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 17-Dec-14 12:21:24

Ooh yes. That sounds fun. Let's have one of those.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Dec-14 12:57:09

Sorry but it would look a bit too much like we were condoning it we think!

FruVikingessOla Wed 17-Dec-14 15:45:30

Hear hear, Rowan.

Sparklingbrook Wed 17-Dec-14 15:48:45

Oh like a troll section? That sounds like a terrible idea. confused But at least I could hide it. smile

SamCroClaus Wed 17-Dec-14 15:51:35

liftzilla ?? was that not real??

MsMarvel Wed 17-Dec-14 16:56:05

It would be sosomewhere for trolls to post, it would be where closed threads from other areas get moved to rather than deleted after they have been discovered as trolls.

MsMarvel Wed 17-Dec-14 16:56:55

Although I do realise that them being immortalised might encourage people to post troll threads. grin

FruVikingessOla Wed 17-Dec-14 18:10:35

But, MsMarvel, they wouldn't start a thread in a Troll topic, would they? They choose to post on or start threads in whatever topic. And, as Rowan said, to move their threads into a troll topic would just encourage more of it.

QueenTilly Wed 17-Dec-14 18:53:32

Sift them out of Classics and Other Subjects, you mean?

ChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Dec-14 16:08:52

MsMarvel

Although I do realise that them being immortalised might encourage people to post troll threads. grin

Hmmm - we see where you're coming from, but it might open the floodgates to eternal trolldom. Oh won't SOMEONE think of the children!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now