Talk

Advanced search

Flashing Ad on top of Active Threads

(19 Posts)
KoalasSmellLikeOlbusOil Mon 15-Dec-14 23:24:49

Ok the ads are annoying anyway, but there's an Ad that keeps coming up when I click onto active threads that has a flashing message symbol.
I have issues with my eyes and just can't view the screen properly with it.

NoisyOyster Tue 16-Dec-14 06:46:15

Seconding this. Really starting to hurt my eyeballs

IPhone 5s using safari ios 8.2 MN mobile

AgentProvocateur Tue 16-Dec-14 06:52:33

There are another couple of threads in site stuff that MN have commented on. It is dreadful, and they've said they'll remove it when they can find it v

Quenelle Tue 16-Dec-14 06:54:16

I've just come to post about this. It's horrible. I can't read with that thing blinking just above my eyeline. Please can you fix it MNHQ?

Also iPhone 5s using Safari.

ChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Dec-14 17:35:53

Sorry about this folks - we're just going to double check with our ad people and see if we can sort this out.

NoisyOyster Wed 17-Dec-14 08:05:27

Still there sad

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Dec-14 13:02:45

Thanks all. Whenever you spot an ad you think we should get rid of, it would really help (if you can bear to click on it) to let us have the URL of the page it links to - this helps us to find things much more quickly.

NoisyOyster Thu 18-Dec-14 08:05:48

Probably just virus'd my phone but here

moplayapp.com/p/w/uk/7/?s=2115824709

sad

AgentProvocateur Thu 18-Dec-14 13:07:13

Rowan, there are AT LEAST three threads about this scamming, flashing ad that's pissing everyone off at the least, and causing head and eye pain to others. Several posters have given MN the URL of the page it links to, and it's still there. It doesn't reflect well on the site to have shit adverts, designed to con people into thinking they've won a phone.

ChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Dec-14 16:11:06

AgentProvocateur

Rowan, there are AT LEAST three threads about this scamming, flashing ad that's pissing everyone off at the least, and causing head and eye pain to others. Several posters have given MN the URL of the page it links to, and it's still there. It doesn't reflect well on the site to have shit adverts, designed to con people into thinking they've won a phone.

You're right - and we're really sorry these have been bothering people. We have passed all this info onto our ads team, and they're v much on the case. Huge apologies in the meantime, and if there are any others you think we should see please do yell/poke us with sticks etc and we'll get on it.

NoisyOyster Fri 19-Dec-14 08:10:59

Pleeeeeease <weeps>

It's still there

LineRunner Fri 19-Dec-14 08:16:03

I have been on those other threads with many others complaining about this for weeks, sharing info about why it's a scam / unhealthy.

I think MNHQ's response has been a bit odd, tbh.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-Dec-14 09:39:18

Right then - our ad team say they've now (they think) tracked down each and every version of this. (There were lots of them, which is why it took so long - each time we thought we'd blocked it, it turned out there was another version burbling away.)

So we really hope we've got it now. The block will take a few hours to take effect but if you're still seeing this from Friday afternoon onwards, please let us know and we'll get hunting for it again.

Many apologies that this has taken so long.

charlie0123 Fri 19-Dec-14 16:35:04

NO. It's still there!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-Dec-14 16:58:13

Hi Charlie - do you mean specifically the 'you have a new message' ad?

charlie0123 Fri 19-Dec-14 22:19:25

Yes exactly the same as I've been seeing since Tuesday.

tortoisesarefab Fri 19-Dec-14 22:21:38

Anyone on I phones, go into settings and safari and then delete cookies and history. You will have to sign in again but it has stopped the message on my phone

MarysPrayer Sun 21-Dec-14 15:07:51

Sorry to say but these are still appearing. Making my eyes bleed!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Dec-14 09:55:26

Aaargh! Thanks for letting us know. You might like to try tortoise's trick with deleting your cookies - it might be that you previously inadvertently clicked on the ad and now you're getting targetted for it as a result; clearing your cookies might get rid of it. Meanwhile we're still actively trying to eradicate it from this end.

Apologies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now