Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet video goes completely viraltastic

(23 Posts)
KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Dec-14 19:09:03

We're ludicrously excited that one of our Mumsnet hack videos has become a gen-ew-ine viral hit!

Our three-minute microwave meringue how-to has received 1.1 MILLION views in the space of four days - come and have a look at it (and admire RebeccaMumsnet's amazing presenting skills - if she's not a sleb by Easter we'll eat our bonnets).

Do share it if you fancy, and tell us what you think (here, or on YouTube) - and most important of all, subscribe to the Mumsnet channel to make sure you get 'em while they're fresh: it's easy-peasy, only one click required!

LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 15-Dec-14 19:45:07

Brilliant! How does it work though? confused

BattlestarSpectacular Mon 15-Dec-14 19:52:03

Wow! Well in the interests of scientific discovery etc. I think we'll have a bit of Eton mess tomorrow with these and then next night with shop ones...next night with homemade in the oven ones ...<falls into sugar coma>

NoelleHawthorne Mon 15-Dec-14 19:54:42

nice kitchen!

GwenaelleLaGourmande Mon 15-Dec-14 20:03:09

Wow! Definitely going to try that.

Tianc Mon 15-Dec-14 20:16:32

shock

Between that and the microwave white sauce, my life will never be the same again...

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Mon 15-Dec-14 20:29:08

How lovely to meet Rebecca smile

Congratulations on going viral!

DelGirl Mon 15-Dec-14 20:48:24

I've just tried them, as you would when you're trying to diet hmm and whilst they're very easy to make, I would do them as a last resort as, yes I know this will sound rediculous, but it is like eating a spoonful of sugar once the crunch has gone and I'm not sure they'd last long in an eton mess. Great as a quick treat with ice cream I should imagine.

DelGirl Mon 15-Dec-14 20:49:28

Well done Rebecca btw

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Dec-14 21:57:38

Fanks fblush

It is the most hammed up video we've filmed I think but I do love doing them fgrin

The kitchen belongs to the lovely JustineMumsnet and I do have some serious kitchen festive envy fenvy

We have done a microwave cheese sauce video and also a microwave sponge in three minutes shocker too, so do check them out.

Nice to 'meet' you too Chipping.

As we're sharing, wanna see what my luffly colleagues got me for my birthday? ...

DelGirl Mon 15-Dec-14 22:35:05

Yes please

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Dec-14 22:41:05

It's a charm for my bracelet and reads "FFS" fgrin

Tianc Mon 15-Dec-14 22:44:58

Hahaha, a Tiffany FFS!

Brilliant!

And you look like butter wouldn't melt, in that vid!

MademoiselleG Mon 15-Dec-14 23:40:03

Charm envy!!

TanteRose Tue 16-Dec-14 02:59:50

will def be making these for Xmas!

and I didn't twig it was you, Rebecca!
looking fab!

musicalendorphins2 Tue 16-Dec-14 05:05:31

Wow, Christmas Eve desert sorted! Thanks Rebecca.

DelGirl Tue 16-Dec-14 06:51:06

Well I never, so nice to put a face to a name smile

DelGirl Tue 16-Dec-14 06:54:08

Oh and how many takes was it, you look liked you'd been having a real giggle before filming.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Dec-14 07:39:40

I think the word is 'giddy', although no drink was involved I hasten to add.
We got the recipe from Mumsnet and we were genuinely unsure if it would work, no acting involved fgrin

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 16-Dec-14 11:30:07

I want a Tiffany FFS charm!!

doradoo Tue 16-Dec-14 12:41:37

You popped up on my facebook feed the other day - someone in Canada had shared it as making "an awesome dessert".....

Funnily enough have just done the same mix to make peppermint creams..... (no cooking obvs though!)

HarriettandBob Tue 16-Dec-14 20:20:26

The syrup sponge one is the best though!

Kveta Fri 19-Dec-14 09:16:26

just seen this link - www.hacksof.life/places-mug-egg-doesnt-get-better/

I actually tried the meringues btw - my DC think I am some sort of cooking wizard now, and keep asking me to make the 'quick white crumbly brick sweetie' in the microwave grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now