Talk

Advanced search

Where do I find my bookmarks?

(5 Posts)
WhitePhantom Thu 11-Dec-14 23:03:57

Hi,

I've bookmarked various topics, but I can't find where my bookmarks are stored so that I can go back and continue reading those topics.

Where can I find my bookmarks?

Thanks! smile

WhitePhantom Fri 12-Dec-14 10:24:22

Anyone? I've a few topics marked that I'd love to catch up on, but I've searched high and low and can't find my list of bookmarks anywhere!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Dec-14 11:36:33

Hi there

Do you mean threads you're watching? (ie, threads on which you've hit the 'Watch' button?) If you're on a desktop, click on the 'I'm watching' tab at the top (underneath the large 'Mumsnet talk' graphic, second line of links).

If you're on mobile you'll find your 'Threads I'm watching' under the little downwards-pointing arrow at the top of each page.

If you mean that you've bookmarked individual posts on a thread but not hit the 'Watch this thread' button, there isn't (I don't think... checking for you now!) a shortcut to finding those we're afraid - if you open the thread concerned it should take you to your bookmarked post, but there isn't a 'My bookmarks' list.

Hope that makes sense!

WhitePhantom Fri 12-Dec-14 18:38:02

Thanks Rowan,

No, it's not threads I'm watching - I've only been bookmarking them. I assumed that when I bookmarked a thread, there would be a list of my bookmarks somewhere (like when you bookmark site in your browsers, you can go to your bookmarks and there they all are).

If I have to go searching for all the threads I've bookmarked then I'll never find them. I often don't even know what topic they're in - I just go to Active, read various threads at random, and bookmark the ones I'm interested in, thinking I can go to a 'My Bookmarks' list somewhere when I come back, and pick up where I left off. That's how it works on other forums I'm on.

So I guess I have to watch threads to be able to do what I want? And bookmark it as well so that I come back to where I left off?

WalkingInTheAir13 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:42:50

I agree with OP. I too thought there would be a "My Bookmarks" somewhere. Perhaps ask MNHQ.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now