Talk

Advanced search

yet another request for an addiction topic

(3 Posts)
BastardSnowDarkly Thu 11-Dec-14 15:00:44

Right, here I go again, pointlessly I'm sure.

Addiction affects MILLIONS of people in this country, if not personally, then family members.

Prescription, illegal, alcohol.

Why, when there's room for some of the most obscure topics I've never ever seen, is there apparently 'no call' for a place for people to seek help, support and advice on such a widespread and devastating issue?

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Dec-14 11:45:03

Hi <ahem> Bastard,

When it comes to starting new topics, we tend to do it based on demand from our users. If a lot of people come to this thread saying they think there's a need for an addiction topic we're happy to consider it.

We're starting an Alcohol Support topic too, which should go some way to filling the gap on the boards.

BastardSnowDarkly Fri 12-Dec-14 20:36:01

Yeah, erm, I've started threads like these before, and there was support. But as you can imagine, people are reluctant to lead the way as it were.

Whenever a related general discussion comes up, you should see the amount of people that have stories/issues/ real fucking dilemmas.

Save your <ahems> and give a massive amount of people <possibly more than the 'tell us your own artistic ideas'topic that's deader than Elvis> a place to share, understand and be understood.

Our is it not something you want peddling to the Wright stuff or the daily mail?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now