Talk

Advanced search

The old "picture" topics can go can't they?

(8 Posts)
SoupDragon Tue 09-Dec-14 12:08:06

Prior to the ability to post pictures going site-wide, there used to be a few specific "picture" topics (arts and crafts pictures was one).

Can these now be amalgamated into the main topic as appropriate? People occasionally post there and will get few replies as people don't check the topic. It would also chop a couple off the topic list.

TimelyNameChangey Tue 09-Dec-14 14:37:46

Yes and I am here to second Soup. It's quite confusing for newcomers. We've just had a post in the craft pic section which might have been better in general Arts and Crafts.

Also...if you DO zap them can we have something else instead?

What about a metal detecting one?

Or is that too niche?

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-Dec-14 16:35:07

You raise a good point SoupDragon. If anyone spots now defunct photo topics, do post a link here and we'll take them to live on a nice farm for old retired talk topics.

Poledra Tue 09-Dec-14 16:40:11

No, you won't. You'll take them out the back and shoot 'em.

I'm not falling for that 'nice farm' routine again, oh no...

SoupDragon Tue 09-Dec-14 17:03:55

Is this the nice farm, out in the country and over the rainbow bridge...? <<narrows eyes suspiciously>>

SoupDragon Tue 09-Dec-14 17:07:30

I'm not actually sure there are any more. I thought there were but the only one I can find is "have you seen this?"

ChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Dec-14 11:36:01

Thanks Soupy

Annoyingly, we can't merge topics, so we'd have to move all the threads across manually, which is a bit of a faff. But if we ever had an idle moment (arf) we will put have you seen this out of its misery move the threads to a new location.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Thu 11-Dec-14 13:36:30

If they simply vanish over that rainbow bridge, I bet no one will notice...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now