Talk

Advanced search

Can't see my PMs

(14 Posts)
springydaffs Sun 07-Dec-14 14:38:16

I just get a screen that links 'inbox' and 'sent' but it goes round in circles when I click on either, returning to the same screen.

Help please MNHQ

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Dec-14 15:51:40

what do you mean goes round in circles???

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Dec-14 15:52:57

NB forgot to say, sorry about this - must be annoying - will see what I can find out here.
<wakes brain up, goes for another coffee>
brew

springydaffs Sun 07-Dec-14 20:19:24

Thanks Olivia - if I click on 'inbox' or 'sent' the blue whirly thing goes, suggesting it is finding the page... but then returns to the 'inbox' and 'sent' links (ie in blue). Help!

springydaffs Sun 07-Dec-14 21:11:33

To be clearer:

I click the purple box on the top right of the screen (with the envelope)
- click (inbox) [though it often automatically sends me to the messages page
- then I get this page:

+ New messageSettingsAbout Private Messaging
�Inbox
�Sent

All messagesUnread only

'Inbox' and 'sent' are links, in blue. If I click on them, the blue whirly icon goes, showing it's finding the page... then back to the above screen.

springydaffs Mon 08-Dec-14 09:44:29

Ah! I've found them! They are at the very very very bottom of the page. But in plain script. It's obviously not loading properly <doesn't really know what she's talking about>

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Dec-14 17:08:57

Sorry about that Springy! Are they still looking funny?

springydaffs Tue 09-Dec-14 17:27:07

Yes thankyou, sorted fsmile

Did tech jiggle things or did it sort itself out?

springydaffs Tue 09-Dec-14 18:01:35

Spoke too soon. Gone back to wierd page sad

ChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Dec-14 12:57:05

Sorry springy - don't suppose it's magically fixed itself again?

springydaffs Thu 11-Dec-14 19:52:10

Nope <juts out lower lip>

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Dec-14 11:44:27

Hi Springy. Would you like us to send you copies of any PMs you've received recently?

Can we ask how you're accessing the site - desktop, mobile, app, operating system and so on?

Cheers (and sorry)

springydaffs Fri 12-Dec-14 14:57:01

thanks. I'm on a laptop.

I can get PMs but they are at the very very bottom of the page and in plain type, new lines all on the left (describing it in case this gives a clue). I suppose I have to live with it? But if there's anything you can do then I'd really appreciate that.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Dec-14 15:17:38

Thanks springy.

Any info you can give us would be really useful. Which browser do you use to access the internet? If you use Internet Explorer, which version is it?.

For now though - unless a few other people report the same thing - it does look as though it might be a problem at your end rather than at ours, in which case there won't be a lot we can do.

<hides>

<pokes a mince pie out from behind chair>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now