Talk

Advanced search

opening link in background. NOT happening

(4 Posts)
kelpeed Fri 28-Nov-14 03:09:40

i am on an ipad.

I like to collect pages to read when I am ready to read them. i have my ssafari settings set to open new tabs in the background.

all worked ok for my MN until a day or so ago. Now, any MN threads i select to open in new tab, will automaticLly open up, even though i have asked it to open in a newtab and despite the open in safari's open in background setting still selected.

Other webpages continue to open new tabs in the background, just like I selected in my settings.

MNHQ, could you plse look into this?

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Nov-14 12:31:21

Grrr how annoying for you! Is anyone else having this problem?

kelpeed Fri 28-Nov-14 21:25:34

hi again

opening new pages in backgroundworks ok for the main page going onto the subpages ie, topics. for example,

www.mumsnet.com/Talk

goes ok to feminist chat

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights

but if i try to open the FC threads toread at my leisure, then the pages open up in my face, so's to speak.

when i go back to the thread I was on, then everything has to be re-loaded, and i need to scroll back to where i was. A PITA, if it that thread has a billion posts.

as i mentioned in my OP, this is a new thing and only just started a day or so agao.

I have also tried to clear all my cookies and history , but this didnt seem to matter.

kelpeed Thu 04-Dec-14 11:16:43

it seems to have been fixed.!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now