Talk

Advanced search

How to find posts from a particular poster

(9 Posts)
WhitePhantom Thu 27-Nov-14 14:18:54

Sorry if it's been asked before.... I searched and couldn't find anything on it.

I was browsing the site a few of nights ago, not logged in, and got very drawn into a post. I just read it though, didn't post (and obviously didn't bookmark) and now I want to find it and see what's been happening since. I can't remember the subject, but I remember the OP's name.

However I can't find any way to search for all posts from (or started by) a particular poster. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks!! smile

cozietoesie Thu 27-Nov-14 14:23:45

'Advanced Search' towards the top right of the page should do it for you, White. (You can have lots of fun (wink) working out all the options.)

FruVikingessOla Thu 27-Nov-14 15:15:25

You need to log in first, then go into Advanced Search.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Nov-14 17:10:38

Thanks for helping folks! Let us know if you're still stuck phantom.

WhitePhantom Thu 27-Nov-14 18:07:20

Thanks a mil! Why didn't I see the Advanced Search option??! confused

Turns out I had the poster's name wrong, so now I don't know how to catch up on the thread sad

FruVikingessOla Thu 27-Nov-14 18:10:39

Go into Advanced Search and then put in some keywords from the thread (as you remember it). You might end up with a variety of threads though. Do you remember which topic it was in? Because you can choose topics also.

cozietoesie Thu 27-Nov-14 20:26:33

And in addition to that, nicknames are very specific but you often find that other people will refer to that poster and use a version of their name - eg fru. You could try just doing a quick search on what you remember of their name - even if you have it wrong in your memory, there's a fair chance you might get something - but put it in the Adanced Search box relating to content and not the originating poster. That could steer you to the overall thread.

WhitePhantom Thu 27-Nov-14 23:09:17

Thanks girls, no luck so far though sad It was in relationships, someone going through a really bad time, practically being kept prisoner in her own home, but then she hadn't posted for a good few days and people were worried about her. I wanted to see what had happened, had she posted again, was she ok, but I can't find it no matter what I search for sad

cozietoesie Fri 28-Nov-14 00:02:28

It's possible that MNHQ removed the thread so that it's no longer around at all - it happens sometimes for various reasons, including at the poster's own request on occasion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now