Talk

Advanced search

'A problem occured with this webpage so it was reloaded'

(33 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

FluffyRedSocks Tue 25-Nov-14 11:37:07

Argh! The mobile site today has been a nightmare, it's so slow, I'm typing half a sentence before it appears in my stupid box and I keep getting ^^ that message and it reloads the thread meaning I'm losing my place, anyone else?

On an iPhone 5c, using safari..

BertieBotts Tue 25-Nov-14 11:41:49

I've been having intermittent problems with the main site for the last couple of days.

bobs123 Tue 25-Nov-14 11:43:32

I'm having problems with internet in general today. Took over an hour to book 2 train tickets (not quite sure how many I've bought as had to keep on reloading page!)

Must be a weather related go-slow grin

bobs123 Tue 25-Nov-14 11:45:07

Oh - I'm on Safari too

MrsHowardRoark Tue 25-Nov-14 11:45:38

I keep getting ^^ this message too and it's driving me bonkers!
I can read about three comments before the bloody page reloads.

Llareggub Tue 25-Nov-14 11:46:09

I'm also using safari on an iPhone5c and it's fine!

MyBootsAreMuddy Tue 25-Nov-14 11:52:29

I've had problems this morning too. I'm on for 2-3 mins then my screen goes black and then It sends me back to Google start page. It's really annoying and is only happening on MN as I've just been on amazon and my dcs school Web pages and had no problems.
This and the adds being stuck at top of page flashing and bring in the way are making MN next to impossible for me to use anymore(the moving/flashing adds play havoc with my eyes making them move rapidly resulting in a headache).

FluffyRedSocks Tue 25-Nov-14 11:53:25

Mhm, I'm going to report to mn and see if it's a more widespread problem, it's bloody annoying!
Anyone else or just me and mrshoward?!

MyBootsAreMuddy Tue 25-Nov-14 11:56:19

Arghh.... It's just happens again and lost my post!
I'm on Samsung galaxy s4 mini. Android and use Google.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Nov-14 12:47:54

Hi Fluffy, hi all,

We're really sorry the mobile site is playing up for you. sad

We've got our Tech team on the case and will report back asap.

BlueRobots Tue 25-Nov-14 12:50:34

I have been having that message using the iPad since I upgraded iOS. I get it on other sites though not just MN.

gamerchick Tue 25-Nov-14 12:51:23

Oooh I'm being kicked off the Internet back to my home page as well. I thought it was my phone.

It's fine using wifi though.

FluffyRedSocks Tue 25-Nov-14 13:12:58

I did the update a week ago and only started having problems today... Maybe related though? :/

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Nov-14 17:58:44

Hi all,

We've heard back from Tech and they made a temporary change to the mobile site this afternoon, to see if this makes a difference to the loading speed.

If anyone would like to report back on whether things are working better, we'd love to hear.

RedKites Tue 25-Nov-14 18:25:13

I've had this problem, started today too. However I'm using the desktop site, though on an iPhone 5s. Also if it's relevant I haven't installed the latest iOS update yet.

yougotafastcar Tue 25-Nov-14 18:53:17

I'm on the mobile site on internet explorer, android phone and it keeps kicking me off the internet, screen goes blank and then the internet shuts down. Its only happening on mumsnet..

Millie2013 Wed 26-Nov-14 03:07:28

I keep getting the "a problem occurred..." messages too, I'm on the mobile site

BL00CowWonders Wed 26-Nov-14 05:12:42

Still appearing
Still irritating!

TiggerLillies Wed 26-Nov-14 06:20:10

On Internet / Android, keep getting kicked off and back to Android home page. Started last night, happening more frequently now, only on Mumsnet. When will they fix?

AuntieStella Wed 26-Nov-14 06:28:17

Problems this morning - and having to re type this as it happened during first attempt and ate my post (and it's the second time in 20 minutes).

On iPad, Safari using desktop site.

EveDallasRetd Wed 26-Nov-14 06:38:44

Exactly the same as AuntyStella

SilentAllTheseYears Wed 26-Nov-14 06:45:32

No problems here with a mix of safari, chrome and Firefox, odd.m

JassyRadlett Wed 26-Nov-14 06:52:25

Constant this morning on Safari, with the 'a problem occurred' message within a minute or so on the thread. Impossible to post at any length.

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Wed 26-Nov-14 06:58:35

I also started getting it on safari after upgrading to iOS 8 and I think it only happens with mumsnet but will check over the next few days.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 26-Nov-14 07:06:45

I got this message on safari too this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now