Talk

Advanced search

mobile site, lots of problems

(14 Posts)
booksandwool Thu 20-Nov-14 21:56:31

My blue bar has gone, and none of the buttons at the top is responding so I can see whether my customisation has reset or something.
And on Topics the only link that's working is Active Conversations.

Anyone else suffering? I'm on an HTC (android) and trying to use desktop site is no good on small screen.

usualsuspect333 Thu 20-Nov-14 21:59:07

I've given up trying to use the mobile site on my kindle.

The buttons rarely work.

usualsuspect333 Thu 20-Nov-14 22:00:24

It's virtually impossible to use on my Blackberry too.

SwedishEdith Thu 20-Nov-14 22:04:26

Mine's never really been great. I think people just got bored of posting about it. Unresponsive buttons which don't consistently do what you tell them to do

elQuintoConyo Thu 20-Nov-14 22:18:28

MINE'S STILL SHIT!

Sorry for shouting. I can't even find 'site stuff' in the topics, I just go round in circles.

All my problems were ignored by hq and the problems haven't gone away.

I still have 3cm of readable screen between ads and blue buttons - both of which bleed when I scroll up or down.

It bores the tits off me. But I'm here a lot, so no need for them to change anything back <Hotel California>

usualsuspect333 Thu 20-Nov-14 22:37:26

The mobile site worked just fine until they changed it.

It's never worked properly since.

booksandwool Fri 21-Nov-14 07:33:16

Have reported myself to see if there's anything that can be done - really frustrating!

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Nov-14 09:47:13

Hi everyone,

Gah so sorry the mobile site isn't working properly, we'll get tech on the case ASAP.

Beehatch Fri 21-Nov-14 10:00:32

Do you know what drives me up the wall the most (you'd die of boredom if I listed everything)

Each pages loads more than once - so I get a page and merrily start reading then something decides to bump me back to the top. This is mostly a problem with things like Active Convos - I'm just about to click a juicy looking link and ... BAM ... back to the top of the page and I hit a boring pinned linky, usually an advertising partner thread.

I most hate this 'feature' when I've used the back button. It used to take me back to the previous page and to the place on that page where I clicked from. And to be fair it still does until ... BAM ... back to the top of the page angry

I'm using Chrome on Galaxy S Android if that helps.

JessicaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Nov-14 11:31:16

Hello, sorry to hear you're having frustrations. We've been trying to replicate the issues you described on our Android devices and I'm afraid we're not having any luck.

booksandwool are still having problems?

JessicaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Nov-14 11:50:11

elQuintConyo Have you tried turning the blue buttons off? If you don't find them very useful there is an option to hide them which would free up some screen space.

Hello usualsuspect and SwedishEdith, can you please let us know which buttons aren't working for you so we can look into it? Also SwedishEdith which device are you using?

Beehatch - We've been thinking about this one and trying to get it to happen for us on various devices (including a very old model Samsung one of MNHQ have) but it's not happening for us. We think it might be to do with the page loading. If you do find yourself in a slow loading situation setting your customise options to display less threads in Active and less posts on each thread should help speed things up and maybe avoid any jumping therefore. Could you give that a try?

Thank you

booksandwool Fri 21-Nov-14 16:58:21

Yep, all still borked for me. I can't get the blue buttons to show (because the button that I think would customise doesn't do anything) and active threads is the only one that works on Topics - so I can't even see my own threads. (am on desktop site in mobile writing this, not user friendly for mob!)

BiggerYellowTaxi Fri 21-Nov-14 17:53:57

I keep getting logged out confused

booksandwool Fri 21-Nov-14 20:11:06

Working again! Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now