Talk

Advanced search

Can't right click again - is it only me?

(8 Posts)
MothershipG Mon 17-Nov-14 14:57:56

I'm using Mac desktop running OSX 10.10 and Chrome 38.0.2125.122, not made any changes recently and I can no longer right-click on MN pages (makes spell checks a pain!)

It happened before a while ago and then came back.

Any ideas?

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Nov-14 16:33:19

Sorry if we're asking the obvious, but can you right click on other sites?

MothershipG Mon 17-Nov-14 20:45:43

Thanks Amy, sorry I forgot to say, yes other sites fine, just this one.

I found my post from the last time it happened...

>MothershipG Sun 31-Aug-14 07:12:46
>Mac desktop 10.9.4 using Chrome 36.0.1985.143

Since the mobile update I haven't been able to right click on MN (it still works on other sites I use.)

I use right click as a shortcut to back, reload, open links, look at spelling corrections etc.

I had hoped it would just eventually come back but it hasn't.

Anyone else experiencing this, or just me?

Quangle Mon 17-Nov-14 20:53:15

I have a version of this, only on MN. When I right click to go to open a link in a new tab it immediately starts changing the existing tab to the destination page and opens the destination page on the new tab as well. So to get back I have to go to the first tab and go back one step. Really annoying and only on MN. Would love to know why.

MothershipG Mon 17-Nov-14 21:45:45

Quangle They'll need to know what device you're on and what browser you're using. smile

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Nov-14 21:58:59

What Mothership said wink

Quangle, please supply us with any details so we can get to the bottom of this. Hopefully.

MothershipG Wed 19-Nov-14 16:09:18

And it's back! It wasn't working earlier this afternoon but now it is and I haven't logged off or restarted the Mac or even closed the browser, very strange.

Incidentality I had a craft look at MN at work this morning and it was fine there on a PC.

Quangle Thu 20-Nov-14 22:49:14

Hi, I'm on IE10 via laptop. It's intermittent - usually it's troublesome and right now it's working ok hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now