Talk

Advanced search

how do I get rid of those little annoying tickers?

(11 Posts)
LillyHammer Wed 12-Nov-14 11:40:49

I've had " Come and let us know your views, with chance to win £50 voucher " this one for a few days and I keep clicking on the x to make it disappear. So annoying.

ChristmasKateMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Nov-14 11:55:13

Hm, you shouldn't see the same one again once you've x'ed them. Is there are particular one you keep seeing?

LillyHammer Wed 12-Nov-14 11:56:58

As above Kate

SayraT Wed 12-Nov-14 13:51:12

Yesterday I had to click on "x" each time I came back into _Chat (I think it was chat anyway).

FruVikingessOla Wed 12-Nov-14 15:48:13

Do you mean the little blue 'Sliders'? Those little bastards have been driving me mad over the last few weeks AGAIN

I often lurk; as in, I have a look at what's going on before I Log-In (because I'm not continually logged in).

They are a real PITA.

cozietoesie Thu 13-Nov-14 14:35:26

They do seem to have had a resurgence in activity over the last short while. I thought it was just me.

magimedi Fri 14-Nov-14 16:21:12

Those blue sliders are little fuckers.

Every time I go back into chat they ooze out from the corner again.

BIWI Sat 15-Nov-14 21:06:20

So glad to see someone else post this. I hate those things!

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Nov-14 10:09:18

can you tell us which topic you are seeing them in and if you click the x and they come back, are you logging out and back in or is it during the same session?

Thank you and apologies, we will get tech to have a look and see what's happening.

FruVikingessOla Tue 18-Nov-14 18:00:35

It only happened to me first thing in the morning. I think on the _Chat homepage, more often than not. But I haven't seen it for a couple of days now. It was always before I logged in, just when I was lurking to see what was going on. So I know that's not much help really.

LillyHammer Wed 19-Nov-14 13:00:36

Sorry Rebecca, it took so long for anyone to get back to me that I've forgotten the exact details. Haven't had them so far today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now