Talk

Advanced search

How can I view new posts on a topic since my last visit?

(7 Posts)
WhitePhantom Mon 03-Nov-14 13:19:43

(I posted this under Chat, but was advised it might be better to put it here)

Hi,

I've been a lurker for while, and really enjoy all the advice / banter / etc.

However I can't see any way to jump straight to the first new post in a thread. I can only see a way to go into the beginning of a thread and scroll, scroll, scroll through it till I find where I left off.

I can do this on other discussion forums, and I'm sure there must be a way to do it here as well, but I can't find it... help!!!

Thanks,

WP.

TallulahTwinkletoes Mon 03-Nov-14 13:21:12

I'm not sure I understand. If you mean threads you have commented on then there is an 'I'm on' tab.

Didyeaye Mon 03-Nov-14 13:27:28

You can bookmark the last post you read. At the right hand side there is a wee ... With some options. Bookmark is one of them. Then next time u go on that thread it takes u straight to the bookmarked post.

JuniperTisane Mon 03-Nov-14 13:30:27

Click on Customise up there ^ under where it says Mumsnet Talk
Scroll down to Display Bookmark Links under Other Options
Select Yes
Save

Now every time you hover over the lower right corner of a post you get a little blue Bookmark button which you can click and save your place. Next time you go to that thread it will automatically scroll to the bookmarked post.

JuniperTisane Mon 03-Nov-14 13:31:32

My reply assumes you're on a computer. Didyeaye works if you're on the mobile site.

WhitePhantom Mon 03-Nov-14 13:40:30

Thank you so much!!! thanks

I love browsing the site but it cracks me up when I can't jump straight to where I was in the topic.

All sorted now, and so much easier to use.

ScreAmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Nov-14 17:03:59

Hi everyone,

Thanks for being so helpful - you're doing our job for us!

<Tries to look useful>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now