Talk

Advanced search

Emoticon request

(14 Posts)
Mojito100 Thu 16-Oct-14 11:42:17

There are a few of us wondering (on the bereavement pages) whether MNHQ would be able to add a hug emoticon. This may have been asked for before but I couldn't find it has.

I'm sure others may also want this but it would be very much appreciated by all those offering support and receiving it too.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Oct-14 16:17:18

Hi Mojito,

We'll definitely consider it if it looks like there's a lot of demand for it.

In the meantime, flowers usually means a similar thing, although we know it's not quite the same.

LilyTheSavage Fri 17-Oct-14 20:04:30

I would really love a hug emoticon please. Much more use than a bloody Tardis....

So often we want to send a hug and have to make do with flowers, cake, mug, wine all of which are useful, but sometimes a hug is just what's needed, especially by us bereaved mums on the bereavement threads. (And then we won't need to resort to very un-mumsnetty xxx).

Please please please please please.

ButEmilylovedhim Fri 17-Oct-14 20:07:40

I think it would be a nice, useful addition to the other emoticons so would like to add my request for it too please.

kayleighferrie1985 Fri 17-Oct-14 20:16:16

I too would love there to be a hug emoticon please. As others have said, on the bereavement pages there are times when a hug emoticon would be very much appreciated

gamerchick Fri 17-Oct-14 20:20:41

Yeah bring on the moving smileys.. grin are there even any hug smileys that don't move?

shabbs Sat 18-Oct-14 16:45:42

Sounds like a great idea to me. x

lavandes Sun 19-Oct-14 22:06:41

What a great idea, we are all in this together and need a hug xxx

Trumpton Fri 31-Oct-14 06:07:45

As part of the Wooly Hugs knitters may I add a request for a hug emoticon.
I don't always want to send thanks or wine to someone who is hurting .

ladybird69 Fri 31-Oct-14 06:22:58

Yes please for a Hug emoticon.

ZingOfSeven Tue 11-Nov-14 15:49:08

yes please for Hug emoticon.
and since Woolly Hugs has been mentioned please throw in a star emoticon too.
Gransnet has a star, why can't we?
<stomps foot>

daisychain01 Tue 11-Nov-14 21:28:12

Yes please for a star and a hug. Very much needed for people having a tough time or suffering ill health. It would be nice if it could be a heart with a little arm on each side.

Quite honestly, I wish you would get rid of the biscuit biscuit, it seems to have become an opportunity to be sarcastic or snarky these days.

As for the Tardis ... biscuit. Did you get the irony? grin

daisychain01 Tue 11-Nov-14 21:28:57

The biscuit looks like a nipple!

PreMadonna Tue 11-Nov-14 21:30:23

[cwtch]

So much more than a hug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now