Talk

Advanced search

Zapped thread

(4 Posts)
HairyPotter Thu 03-Apr-14 23:13:41

Hello

My thread seems to have been zapped with no deletion message and no email to tell me why?

Interested to find out the reason.

Thanks

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Apr-14 09:46:25

Argh sorry Hairy - it was zapped because the woman who started the petition had been told that it was likely to cause trouble for her at work. We know it's not ideal to delete this sort of thing (and we bend over backwards not to do it, usually) but when it comes to the point of someone possibly facing serious RL problems we do sometimes give in. Really sorry about the lack of deletion message, we'll edit the page now to add an explanation.

HairyPotter Fri 04-Apr-14 10:14:34

I am really unimpressed at this. I posted at length last night to highlight the clear inconsistencies between the original fb post and the some of the comments she made on the thread, and the thread went zap shortly afterwards.

I do feel strongly that many posters who had previously attacked me, did not have the chance to see the many disablist comments that she and other people made. I would also like to point out that as soon as I copied and pasted some of the worst comments, she deleted the fb thread. No matter, I still have it copied to a word document.

I would be very interested to see what her supporters thought of the commets from the fb thread. But of course that won't happen now will it?

I really am fed up that someone can get a thread pulled just because they want to. No one forced her to say the things she did and if she ends up getting her knuckles rapped for her comments on both threads, then perhaps she shouldn't have said them in the first place.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Apr-14 10:25:26

We do completely see your point Hairy, and we agree it's frustrating. We do try our hardest not to delete entire threads. But in this case it did seem that it was about to cause her considerable difficulty in RL and that's always been one of our relatively few justifications for deleting a thread - we're not here to make people's lives more difficult after all.

But as we said we do completely understand why it's annoyed you - apologies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now