Talk

Advanced search

Mn thread keeps trying to redirect me?

(7 Posts)
BitchyVstheUFOs Tue 01-Apr-14 14:58:31

Could you take a look at this HQ/tech please.

In firefiox, hit f5 to refresh and keep getting a msg bar at the top that is telling me that it is trying to redirect me. I am not entirely certain WHY it is trying to redirect me from the thread I am refreshing nor where it is trying to redirect me to (and I am not willing to find out tbh having just had to spent the last 3 days locked out of mn due to a bug that needed clearing from the computer system).

Is it supposed to be redirecting me? Is it safe to allow? Or have you got a problem?

Screen grab below:

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Apr-14 17:22:21

Ooer - is anyone else having this problem?

BitchyVstheUFOs Thu 03-Apr-14 09:58:47

Still doing this HQ. Is this an issue I need to sort out with my computer? or something you are looking into.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Apr-14 11:03:28

Hi Bitchy

To be honest, if it's only you having the problem it's more likely to be a problem with you than with us - have you run a virus check?

If anyone else is experiencing this do let us know!

BitchyVstheUFOs Thu 03-Apr-14 18:08:45

Have run a virus check, and reinstalled the browser also. Could it have something to do with the ads?

BitchyVstheUFOs Thu 03-Apr-14 18:44:42

Ok, weirdly when I allowed it to redirect when I refreshed this page it took me to this Page. So i think it must me something to do with an ad redirect thing and because I never look at them don't notice it. Because it does not do this when I am on another site. Weird. Must have set an option or something I didn't know about when I was sorting through an clearing out post virus.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Apr-14 09:50:47

Thanks Bitchy - no idea tbh but hope it stops doing it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now