Talk

Advanced search

anyone else being driven batty by that bloody fashion tv ad music?

(9 Posts)
cashewfrenzy Tue 01-Apr-14 11:54:43

It's a video ad down at the bottom of the screen. No more sneaky MNing on my phone unless i silent it first!

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Apr-14 17:19:01

Oh no! Auto play ads are strictly verboten - if you can send us a screen shot or give us a description we'll hunt it down and give it the boot.

jennyl131 Wed 02-Apr-14 16:53:55

yes, it's scared the crap out of me with its loud music & God only knows what it's doing to my download allowance.

It's also at the very bottom of the page, so on a long thread it could be playing and using data for some time if I'm on silent and don't realise.

Will try to get a screenshot if I come across it again.

cashewfrenzy Wed 02-Apr-14 21:03:13

It's a video down at the bottom of the page, loud music and says fashion TV in the corner. Can't remember much more, too busy fumbling with volume buttons furtively grin

If I see it again I'll try to catch it.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 02-Apr-14 21:20:03

Hi folks,

There's another thread running in Site Stuff tonight about this same issue.

It looks like our lovely Tech folk have solved it - here's what Richard said on the other thread:

"Hi Everyone
Thank you very much for flagging this up, we definitely don't want these auto-playing ads running across our site, so I will try to put a block to stop them from appearing. I am pretty sure that I have blocked this Fashiontv ad before, but yet again it has somehow slipped through.

I will get in contact with our network partner in morning to find out what else can be done to prevent further ad violation.

Thanks again and I am really sorry about all this.."

Do please let us know if you're still having any problems with these ads.

PerditaXDream Wed 02-Apr-14 21:45:37

Just got it again at the bottom of a AIBU thread! (Am I being treated unfairly)
Can't screen shot as I am on my android phone.

cashewfrenzy Thu 03-Apr-14 11:14:43

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_doghouse/2042574-I-found-a-lump-on-my-dog

Here, now, when i was trying to get dd to sleep sad

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Apr-14 11:25:30

Really sorry Cashew - we keep banning these ads and they keep getting back in again via a new route. We will try to hunt it down again.

babsmam Thu 03-Apr-14 11:32:06

Im on my phone and it flashed across on the style threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now