Talk

Advanced search

Is there a way to view new posts in a thread?

(15 Posts)
GoooRooo Sun 30-Mar-14 22:04:29

Is there a way to be taken to the new posts in a thread if you've already read it previously? So you see the new posts that have been written since you last read that thread.

There's a lot of scrolling involved otherwise!

BertieBotts Sun 30-Mar-14 22:08:08

Yes! Go into customise and turn on the bookmarks feature. It activates a little clicky button in the bottom right of posts, the next time you view the thread, it will zoom straight to the right post, and if you have pages, it also opens on the right page.

GoooRooo Sun 30-Mar-14 22:10:37

Oh my gosh, I think I might have done a little bit of a wee with excitement.

Thank you BertieBotts

Giraffeski Sun 30-Mar-14 22:11:38

Can we have bookmarks in the new app please MNHQ?

GoooRooo Sun 30-Mar-14 22:22:40

Right, turned bookmarks on. No clicky button visible. What am I looking for?

Feel like a right thicko.

GoooRooo Sun 30-Mar-14 22:23:35

"Display Bookmark Links" is now turned to "yes" - I assume that's turning bookmarks on.

This is not my finest hour.

TheBitterBoy Sun 30-Mar-14 22:27:27

If you hover (PC) or tap ( tablet) in the bottom right corner of the last post you are reading a bookmark button will show, then it will say saved.

TheBuskersDog Sun 30-Mar-14 22:28:09

When you put your cursor over a post you should see the word bookmark in the bottom right corner - click on it to save.

Sparklingbrook Sun 30-Mar-14 22:28:13

Go to the bottom right hand corner of a post and a little 'Bookmark' sign will appear. Click on it.

GoooRooo Sun 30-Mar-14 22:44:27

Wow. I really am thick! Thank you all very much!

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 31-Mar-14 16:49:37

All sorted now? We'll see what we can do about bookmarks in the app Giraffeski

GoooRooo Mon 31-Mar-14 17:59:35

Yes all sorted thanks to everyone's help. I was obviously having a really dim day not for the first time

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 31-Mar-14 18:02:45

I tried using bookmarks about a year ago and found it very confusing!

When I turn on bookmarks on my iPad it no longer lets me copy and paste from a post.

Also, do you have to click on the bookmark button to make it save, or will it do it automatically?

BackforGood Mon 31-Mar-14 18:06:10

This is how I do it, then it pops up in 'threads I'm on'

NymodigFruOla Mon 31-Mar-14 18:43:15

Hearts, you have to click on the Bookmarks thingy to save it as a bookmark - it doesn't happen automatically. I'm using an iMac - have no idea about an iPad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now