Talk

Advanced search

So, what's the news on the new app?

(10 Posts)
AmandinePoulain Fri 28-Mar-14 06:55:44

I know I've asked this before a few times but can we have an update please?

It's getting irritating now, I have to refresh several times to get threads to actually load (they come up saying 0 replies a lot of the time), I would like to be able to read punctuation in threads and not have the same threads in circles on 'active' and 'threads I'm on'. Plus it's not fair that we can't see pictures! And our emoticons are rubbish!

(And I don't need to be told to use the mobile site thanks, I know it's there and it's lovely but I want the app to work grin)

Thanks thanks

wigglesrock Fri 28-Mar-14 07:27:31

The mobile thread isn't much better.

wigglesrock Fri 28-Mar-14 07:28:50

Sorry not the mobile thread - the mobile site - end of the week brain freeze where is that feckin' PE kit?

CountessOfRule Fri 28-Mar-14 07:35:31

Justine recently said IIRC that they are abandoning this app but will soon be rolling out a new shiny mobile site and new app. I think the app will not be free but I don't think they've decided whether it will be one-off or subscription.

AmandinePoulain Fri 28-Mar-14 08:03:53

Not free? shock

CountessOfRule Fri 28-Mar-14 08:06:20

The reason this app doesn't get updates is that change requests are very expensive.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Mar-14 09:45:51

Hello

Yes, a new app and mobile site are both on the way - the first will probably be paid for, the second will be free. You can see Justine's post about it here

AmandinePoulain Fri 28-Mar-14 15:12:37

Ooh ooh pick me for a tester! grin

Please?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Mar-14 15:36:35

AmandinePoulain

Ooh ooh pick me for a tester! grin

Please?

We'll put you in the mix!

AmandinePoulain Fri 28-Mar-14 21:22:43

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now