Talk

Advanced search

I have had the most BRILLIANT idea for MN publications!

(15 Posts)
AtYourCervix Thu 27-Mar-14 19:44:23

You could do short pamphlet type Top Tip things that could be given out in hostiples like...

Before a caesarean

After a caesarean

Or

Packing a useful hospital bag

How to survive a post-natal ward.

Having a baby in SCBU

Full of actual useful tips from fabulous MNers, rather than the deadly boring yet necessary shite that gets handed out.

Whatcha thunk?

AtYourCervix Thu 27-Mar-14 19:46:25

It would have to be free though or the NHS might implode.

But good karma and advertising for MN.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Mar-14 22:53:04

Hi there AtYourCervix

Thanks for this - we're always receptive to any BRILLIANT ideas! grin

We'll have a think and let you know...

AtYourCervix Fri 28-Mar-14 07:18:39

I am truly a genius.

TheOneWithTheHair Fri 28-Mar-14 07:20:50

I think this is a fantastic idea. I'd have loved it, especially with dc1 when I didn't have a clue.

BikeRunSki Fri 28-Mar-14 07:23:41

Or maybe have pages on MN for each of those topics? Then ppl could print off what they need.

FrontForward Fri 28-Mar-14 07:24:58

Get the Bounty lady to hand it out

PartialFancy Fri 28-Mar-14 07:34:34

Might clash with the Bounty Mutiny stuff, just at the moment. B were trying to make out there was commercial competition between themselves and MN on the wards.

Cobblers, as MN don't have any presence on wards, don't hand out freebies and don't have bring advertising onto the wards.

Distributing pamphlets in the hospital could undermine that.

Same topics but shared through some other method?

FrontForward Fri 28-Mar-14 07:39:35

It was a joke...

PartialFancy Fri 28-Mar-14 07:44:28

Ha, brilliant x-post with Front! Don't worry, your irony not lost.grin

AtYourCervix Fri 28-Mar-14 07:46:29

There's all this really useful information here but only accessed by people who know it is iyswim. Poor poor women who don't know about MN are missing out.

LordPalmerston Fri 28-Mar-14 07:47:04

bet there are legal implications though

AtYourCervix Fri 28-Mar-14 07:51:59

Bollox.

tribpot Fri 28-Mar-14 08:11:52

Surely MN simply can't afford this? If the only advertising associated with it is for MN itself, the return on investment wouldn't add up. A few (or even a lot) of extra page clicks in return for a lot of real world costs?

You might suggest a partnership with the Royal College of Midwives or similar, if they had budget to do a patient information campaign. MN could supply some good, relevant and accessible content, but not the costs of the campaign.

And, yes, I think the Bounty angle makes this more complicated. MN does not want to look as if its campaign is commercially motivated, that would undo the great work so far.

ArtFine Fri 28-Mar-14 08:24:35

It would be really good.

Despite having read so many books, after having stitches I couldn't remember what was the best thing to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now