Talk

Advanced search

Annoying ads on mn

(8 Posts)
gloriafloria Tue 25-Mar-14 21:16:10

The last couple of days I've started getting these really really f'ing annoying pop up ads that appear when I'm on mumsnet. The first time I jumped out of my skin and couldn't work out who was talking to me and now I can't stand it anymore. Also when I click to go into a thread I now often end up on another advert. What the hell is going on?? Please help!! I've only noticed these strange goings on when I'm on mumsnet.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Mar-14 10:40:27

Hi gloria - could you possible take a screenshot and upload it here next time it happens? Also, the name of the brand, and the URL of any web-page the ad links through to, helps us to track these things down more quickly.

Thanks

bryte Wed 26-Mar-14 14:08:08

Problems here too. Conversations start listed right down at the bottom of the page, after a big white space.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Mar-14 14:16:19

Sorry bryte - again, if you could take a screenshot and upload it, and let us know what device, browser and version of the site you're using, we will take a look.

bryte Wed 26-Mar-14 15:47:22

Will do - just running malware scan first in case it is at my end.

bryte Wed 26-Mar-14 16:00:16

Yes - it was me. Ignore my post above. Sorry.

gloriafloria Wed 26-Mar-14 19:30:35

Hi and sorry I'm just getting back to you now. I think I may have sorted it thanks to an IT friend. It appears that a dodgy adware attached itself to my laptop called 'mega browse' and for some reason it was only popping up when I was on the mumsnet page. I've removed it so hopefully that's the end of it. It was a nasty one though and who knows where I got it from. Sorry Mumsnet for blaming you!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Mar-14 12:09:17

No worries - thanks both for letting us know and glad you got it sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now