Talk

Advanced search

Anyone read this ridiculous article in the Independent about mumsnet?

(9 Posts)
msfatbooty Sun 23-Mar-14 22:05:27

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/the-dark-side-of-mumsnet-my-shocking-tour-of-the-websites-nether-regions-8905055.html

This is bloody ridiculous! The journalist who wrote this is such a scathing arse! He basically badmouths women for having a forum to talk about motherhood, then follows it up by implying that women shouldn't be allowed to discuss sex online! What an old-fashioned, hypocritical nob - there's no way he's never read about/talked about sex!
The discussions he mentions aren't what I'd describe as 'shocking'. What a prude!

Foxsticks Sun 23-Mar-14 22:07:41

He signed up and expected us all to fawn over him didn't he?

EdithWeston Sun 23-Mar-14 22:09:09

The article is from October 13 (just after the penis beaker drew loads of attention to the site). It was discussed a lot then. I'll see if I can find any of the threads.

EdithWeston Sun 23-Mar-14 22:11:50

This is the thread I was thinking of and I'm pretty sure there were others.

NitramAtTheKrap Sun 23-Mar-14 22:13:38

Aw poor Tom. He came on to try and defend himself. It didnt end well. For Tom.

ballsballsballs Tue 25-Mar-14 14:22:37

He got his arse handed to him by the MN massive. A proud moment.

DrankSangriaInThePark Tue 25-Mar-14 14:31:16

Actually, given that his article was written the week after PenisBeakerGate and everything that (sadly IMO) went with it, he has a point.

There were always the odd sex talk threads, which by and large were funny.

Then it just got sordid and squalid, and sadly many of the clicksters who arrived with penisbeaker forgot to leave. Not a day goes by now when some hairyhanded bridge dweller doesn't start a thread on their genitalia and what needs doing to it (I know what I'd do with it, sad fuckers) and then (presumably) sits back slapping the monkey while MNers fawn and pander (whilst simultaneously spilling hot beverages over their laptops and telling us that "a little bit of wee came out".

Unfortunately for those of us who still recognise the MN the journalist refers to in his article, it's a bad day on t'interweb when you realise that clicks are more important than credibility.

HoneyDragon Tue 25-Mar-14 17:05:02

He came on here and was very very very rude.

Then he returned back to The Pit of Stupid from whence he came.

Interestingly around the same time this article was also written in response to penis beaker

Here you go

HoneyDragon Tue 25-Mar-14 17:05:58

However, no one gave a stuff about a positive article about Mnet as it generates fuck all revenue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now