Talk

Advanced search

I would like a

(14 Posts)
winkywinkola Thu 20-Mar-14 22:18:11

'Like' button for those posts I thin are valuable. I don't necessarily have time to post properly so a 'like' button would be useful.

Has this been suggested already? Any chance of it happening?

JuniperTisane Thu 20-Mar-14 22:19:20

I would rather engage in conversation than have a tally of how many people like me or my posts today.

winkywinkola Thu 20-Mar-14 22:20:45

But if you don't have the time but would like to contribute?

Forgettable Thu 20-Mar-14 22:22:16

No

Don't be lazy. How hard is it to post "what Juniiper said ^ ^"

MNHQ have said patiently each time this is raised : no sorrry, doesn't work for us, tis a chat board after all

NEXT

PolterGoose Thu 20-Mar-14 22:24:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DramaAlpaca Thu 20-Mar-14 22:24:08

I don't like the idea.

It would turn MN into something resembling Netmums or the Daily Mail.

<<shudder>>

JuniperTisane Thu 20-Mar-14 22:24:19

I wouldn't feel 'liking' or being 'liked' is a valid contribution. I like to talk.

winkywinkola Thu 20-Mar-14 22:30:17

Forgettable, lazy?!? Gosh. That's a silly thing to say. I work a lot but love MN and sometimes find it tricky to contribute.

The number of times I read "what X poster said" and I have to scroll back to find what poster X said. Sometimes I find it, sometimes I don't. Pointless.

Having this facility doesn't make MN like the DM or FB. it just has a option for posters another option. Can't see what's wrong with choice myself.

meditrina Thu 20-Mar-14 22:32:16

"Has this been suggested already? Any chance of it happening?"

Yes, dozens of times. Very unpopular idea - MN had a poll about it (last year?) and it was utterly rejected.

Forgettable Thu 20-Mar-14 22:32:37

Happy to be silly me dear

Forgettable Thu 20-Mar-14 22:33:20

What Med said ^ ^

(See?)

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Thu 20-Mar-14 22:33:37

Hi OP. The merits of a "like" button have been hotly debated many, many several times, along with other FB-esque features like Block Poster. There are obviously arguments for and against, but MNHQ have always declined.

winkywinkola Thu 20-Mar-14 22:40:30

Ah, I'm obviously out of touch with what has already been discussed.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 21-Mar-14 09:13:15

Hi there

We have occasionally thought about trialling this, but to be honest the strong consensus among MNers has always seemed to be 'no thanks' so it's not something we're actively looking at at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now