Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Freezing browser

(16 Posts)
Kingofthevagabonds Sat 01-Mar-14 07:10:09

Everytime I'm on mumsnet on iPad it is freezing my browser?

Seen a thread earlier in the month others said was happening to them. It happening everytime I'm on now too, anyone else?

Happiestinwellybobs Sat 01-Mar-14 07:24:06

Happening to me too! So annoying. It kicks me out eventually and then the page I was looking at is gone.

Kingofthevagabonds Sat 01-Mar-14 08:08:35

I can't click on any of the tabs in my browser when it happens. Tis annoying yes as it's happening within a few mins of being on the site I have to keep shutting safari down then waiting a while before it works again?!

BensonBunny Sun 02-Mar-14 22:11:25

It's happening to me too, I've resorted to using the google app instead.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Mar-14 14:37:41

Sorry this is happening to you folks - is it only when you're on the iPad, and using the mobile site?

Happiestinwellybobs Mon 03-Mar-14 19:30:24

Mine was only on iPad. It was fine on my iPhone, however all seems well today so far smile

mummylin2495 Mon 03-Mar-14 19:44:19

I have posted on another thread about the same thing. Been ok for a couple of days. On Safari on iPad . It's a tad annoying

BensonBunny Mon 03-Mar-14 21:30:13

Only on the ipad using safari, not sure that I'm using the mobile site, it looks the same as on the computer. It worked fine for about 10 minutes this evening then froze again.

JoyceDivision Mon 03-Mar-14 21:38:42

i'm on laptop, most times tonight it has been trying toconnect and failed, freezes my browser completely

all other sites i'm using fine. am at home on BT broadband...

ShoeWhore Fri 07-Mar-14 21:03:22

It's happening to me too on my laptop. Apparently I am waiting for app.struq.com to respond hmm

I'm using Chrome on Windows. Don't get the same issue on my phone. Is it connected to which ads are showing or trying to load? Because it's very inconsistent. Very annoying!

giraffesCantBoogie Thu 27-Mar-14 04:52:27

Happening to me on chrome. It loads and loads and loads...and never gets there. Makes my laptop heat up with energy it is using to try.

I end up having to close page.

Fine on my phone - android and on IE which am using now - but hate as I use chrome for everything else so this is annoying!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Mar-14 12:04:32

Hi Giraffe

We've just had a look at our server stats over the last 24 hours and there isn't a site-wide problem. Is it only MN you were having a problem with in Chrome? If so, maybe there was an ad that was slowing you down?

giraffesCantBoogie Thu 27-Mar-14 13:41:25

Yeah only mn. Have everything else chrome and mn on ie!

Only been happening since Feb and been on here for years with no probs

Done a virus scan and all ok.

Thanks anyway will try to investigate this weekend

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Mar-14 13:46:24

Hmm, that's odd - do you have any add-ons that might be affecting MN (adblockers or anything like that?)

Or yes, if you get the 'waiting for...' information when a page is being slow to load, let us know what it says.

giraffesCantBoogie Fri 28-Mar-14 07:18:06

I have searched for previous experiences and it seems to be a bug with the chrome version I have.

Have removed chrome and am downloading firefox. Fingers crossed this fixes it!

Not sure why it is only happening on MN for me...perhaps it only happens a small percentage of times a day and statistically I am on MN most of the time blush

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Mar-14 09:48:29

No problem, sorry we haven't been more help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now