Talk

Advanced search

for the love of god tell me how i hide a whole topic.....

(32 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Thu 27-Feb-14 23:57:56

i cant work out how to hide a complete topic. and i need to hide a complete topic.

my blood pressure is up already, i have not had any wine today for the first time in months, i have a cough, its that time of the month,
and i didnt pass the entrance exam.

do tell....
cheers

Click on Customise in the choices above the topic you are in, scroll down to the bottom of the page and it gives you a link to do it. Sadly I seem to have more hidden than showing now.

I have a cough too and suspect it will keep me up half the night again. What was your entrance exam?

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 28-Feb-14 00:36:01

thanks - will do it now.

sorry i was being sarcastic about the entrance exam - i assumed there must be one on the FWR board before you can post.

bitter? me? noooooo

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 28-Feb-14 02:16:14

NEVER go there Vicar.
I don't. It frightens me. confused Im a disgrace to my gender. sad

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 28-Feb-14 08:09:34

you and me both saggy. by the power of hiding stuff I made it all go away....far too scary.
I like this hiding stuff malarkey. ...

DoctorTwo Fri 28-Feb-14 08:19:00

Is the FWR section scary? Am I missing something? confused

PestoSnowissimos Fri 28-Feb-14 08:21:44

What is FWR? confused

Koothrapanties Fri 28-Feb-14 08:27:29

It's the feminism bit.

I haven't been there, but have found some of the posters who are regulars on that board a tad scary... And hypocritical. They say that a woman has the right to do/think/feel what ever she wants, but heaven forbid if you have an opinion that goes against their beliefs.

I have seen posters torn to shreds and mocked by these 'feminists' and find that rediculous to be honest!!

TantrumsAndBalloons Fri 28-Feb-14 08:27:41

I failed the entrance exam as well.

Tbh I didn't know I had taken the exam but clearly I did grin

I have half the board hidden at the moment.

Hope you feel better soon.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 28-Feb-14 08:38:55

Koothrapanties I'd love to be able to 'like' your post! That's my sentiment exactly!

Koothrapanties Fri 28-Feb-14 10:00:34

Ah thanks saggy. <proud>

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:49:19

i would like it too if there was a button.

not just me then - i was getting a little paranoid there....they are currently ripping someone to shreds now over semantics.

i feel like name changing to MillyTant and doing a viz inspired post.....(but i wont.)

Abra1d Fri 28-Feb-14 14:51:11

I've been a feminist for most of my adult years (and I am 50 now) and I don't go over there because I know I'd put my foot in it.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:53:52

well it seemingly is very easy to put your foot in it. for some reason i can still see the thread on the laptop but not on my active list on the phone....

anyway. not going back there in a hurry.

I think of myself as a feminist but I tiptoe very carefully around those boards. I often end up more confused that I started with the whole feminism = freedom of choice but not if the choice ends up anti-feminist circular argument.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Fri 28-Feb-14 14:57:47

The poster they are "ripping apart" is a troll. Check out his name-changes - HQ keep banning him, he keeps re-registering.

I think it's bad form to slag off a whole section like this tbh. They didn't say anything that bad to you.

AlpacaLypse Fri 28-Feb-14 15:02:49

Finding out how to hide whole topics was one of my most wonderful moments on MN.

Baby Names was the first to go!

I too have got FWR hidden.

I wonder if anyone's ever reg-ged as MillyTant? One of Viz's most cutting creations.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:20:27

sabrina - the "troll" doesnt appear to be there just to cause trouble and is making fairly eloquent posts. the view may not be shared by the consensus but it does appear that no exchange of views is allowed.
so - if we are discussing "bad form" then lets start with that shall we? because the hostile reception is making it an exclusive place when it should be inclusive. There is no other section of the site that ive ever seen such hostility.

ive named no names and posted here to ask how to hide the board. it has given me a bit of comfort to know im not hte only one who feels this way while i was off licking my wounds. (because the hostility led me to reveal some things that i would rather not have but felt i had to justify my point of view backed up by evidence based examples.....should a board that purports to support other women really be like that? its gone full circle - the feminist board is the most cutting ive seen on the entire site, including AIBU!

ironic.

anyway. i have hidden the boards there now....i wonder what else i can cull....

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Fri 28-Feb-14 16:01:33

He is, however, a previously banned user, who keeps re-regging. HQ don't ban users for disagreeing with feminists - so he's done something that breaks the guidelines to be banned.

I really don't think you got treated that badly on there - there are no attacks, no deletions. I've seen much worse on AIBU.

I'm sorry if you're feeling upset though.

I am far too flaky for the FWR threads.

lightweight

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Feb-14 16:10:39

Um... everything OK? <asks a stupid question>

As a rule, if you (general 'you') spot something on the thread that you think is out of order, we'd really appreciate it if you would report it. (If you have done so already, then thank you very much.)

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 28-Feb-14 16:30:04

im fine. I.just find it ironic that the feminist boards happen to be more hostile toward other women than anywhere else ive seen. very inflexible and rigid to the point where its either agree or bog off, I found this intimidating and wont read or post again. nothing that needs reporting just an unpleasant unwelcoming atmosphere for anyone new.

FloraFox Fri 28-Feb-14 22:45:02

vicar if you have hidden the board you may not have seen that the woman you came on to tell us you were listening to (unlike us, presumably?) finds FWR a supportive place. Now you're over here standing up for a troll who has been repeatedly banned. I see a lot of judgement and hostility on this thread.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 28-Feb-14 23:20:47

god. now im being stalked.

i dont find it supportive place. thats my perspective. im glad she does. excellent. she also said as a prostitute she does not want her clients criminalised and she would like to be safe while working. which was what i was advocating.

i didnt stick around long enough to find who was who or what was a troll and who wasnt because it was so hostile.

this thread has what - 5 or 6 posts? my perspective of the FWR is as i found it. my truth. my perspective. im allowed an opinion over here, i think unlike over on the FWR thread.
ive hidden all the FWR boards and dont intend to go back there in a hurry. now i was good enough to leave you alone so please do me the same courtesy.

FloraFox Fri 28-Feb-14 23:42:41

If by leaving alone you mean starting a thread to bad mouth FWR ... Very courteous hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now