Talk

Advanced search

how do i report a PM?

(10 Posts)
AtYourCervix Tue 25-Feb-14 11:55:47

I got all excited but it's from a journalist. Humph.

Amrapaali Tue 25-Feb-14 12:04:09

Email, I would have thought. Contactus@mumsnet.com

C and P the offending PM in the body of your mail.

TheArticFunky Tue 25-Feb-14 12:08:24

They are allowed to pm aren't they? I've had a few over the years I tend to ignore them.

cozietoesie Tue 25-Feb-14 13:37:18

No - they're not allowed to PM, at least in their capacity as a journalist. If you have a look at the PM guidelines, they're specifically told to contact MNHQ.

OP

There's a report button on the message itself that you can use - top left-ish above the actual message if I recall.

TheArticFunky Tue 25-Feb-14 14:47:47

I didn't know that.

cozietoesie Tue 25-Feb-14 16:14:51

Most people are lucky enough never to have had a questionable PM.

Here's the relevant part of the guidance.

PLEASE NOTE : Private messaging is NOT for journalists or market-researchers (or advertisers/company reps) to contact Mumsnetters. If you are a journalist or market-researcher and would like to canvass our members' opinions, please mail contactus@mumsnet.com.

If you get an unsolicited private message from a journalist or market-researcher (or someone trying to spam you with advertising), please feel free to report it to us at contactus@mumsnet.com.'

As far as I recall, using the 'Report Message' link actually sends it through to MNHQ - it's just a quick way of doing it without having to insert the relevant details.

smile

AtYourCervix Tue 25-Feb-14 17:27:44

No report button on mobile. Will fire up the laptop.

gamerchick Tue 25-Feb-14 17:34:34

there is a report button in the PM.

cozietoesie Tue 25-Feb-14 17:37:02

Ah - the mobile app falls down again?

AtYourCervix Tue 25-Feb-14 17:38:15

Not the app just the mobile site. But just swapped to desktop site and found it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now