(15 Posts)
TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Mon 24-Feb-14 13:10:38

sad

is it just me?

charleybarley Sun 02-Mar-14 00:48:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 02-Mar-14 17:04:06

Hi there,

We're aware there's an issue but we hoped to have it fixed really soon. Sorry about that!

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Sun 02-Mar-14 22:26:38

Well that was a relatively long wait but thanks for the heads-up, Amy!

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Sun 02-Mar-14 22:27:58

& thanks for letting me know it's not just me, Charley smile

charleybarley Mon 03-Mar-14 18:54:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Mar-14 09:43:57

Hello

Right - this has been fixed now (it turned out to be related to the big site outage we had a couple of weeks ago). Could you try again? Thanks for waiting.

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Wed 05-Mar-14 10:46:52

It is working again - thanks, Rowan smile

I have another problem though - it always happens, but I haven't mentioned it before. Before uploading the new one I had pic A at top, pic B in 2nd, & clicked on third for today's, pic C

After uploading new pic I still have pic A at top, but pic C has overridden pic B in second, & is repeated in 'fourth' - there is no third!

This was done on the mobile site on my iphone. Can't remember if it also happens on desktop (all the pics are on my phone so I just do it from there automatically)

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Mar-14 09:31:43

Ah. Sorry. We will have a look and come back to you.

cozietoesie Thu 06-Mar-14 09:37:09

Rowan

This area looks to be one of continuing glitches and my guess is that it's now a bit Heath Robinson in the guts of the code. Maybe the time has come to overhaul that part of the programming with a view to a fresh start?

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Mar-14 10:38:13

Thanks cozie. We suspect it might be that this bit of functionality doesn't work well with the mobile site, because it was written before we introduced that. But tech is going to take a look.

In the meantime, although we know it's a pain, it might be an idea to use the desktop site for juggling profile photo order. <Prays very hard that it works on there>

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 06-Mar-14 12:28:28

I will 'ave a go

Thanks, Rowan (& cozie smile)

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 06-Mar-14 13:22:59

It is working correctly on desktop smile

But I just tested on mobile - picture E, meant to be fifth, overwrote picture C in third, & also put itself at sixth (but with nothing in fifth)

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 06-Mar-14 13:33:51

Have corrected it on desktop (didn't realise all my photostream pics are there as well as on phone blush)

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Mar-14 13:51:00

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile

Have corrected it on desktop (didn't realise all my photostream pics are there as well as on phone blush)

Oh good, well we're glad it's working on the desktop. Tech's going to have a look at what's happening on mobile, but might be best to stick to the desktop for photo juggling for now. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now