Talk

Advanced search

Can the app be persistent please?

(8 Posts)
PuddingAndHotMilk Sat 22-Feb-14 08:08:53

When I'm using the app I can't click a link because once the phone has brought another app up (Safari) when I go back to the app it logs me back in and it takes me an age to find the thread I was reading and then find my place.

Surely it's not hard to develop the app to not need to log back in constantly. It's more secure than paypal at the moment confused

peanutbear Sat 22-Feb-14 10:28:22

could we also have an app that doesn't keep all the stickies at the top I have to uninstall the app regularly and it freezes an awful lot even with 4G

Looby12 Sat 22-Feb-14 10:40:22

Pudding mine doesn't do that which is a bit weird. I click a link, safari loads, close safari, open app, the thread is visible in the exact post with link. Maybe there's some sort of phone setting making it close your open apps?

I however sometimes have to press a link about 50 times to get it to actually open confused

thereinmadnesslies Sat 22-Feb-14 10:43:18

Pudding mine does this too. It started after I upgraded the app. I use an iPad with iOS 7. I'm actually using mumsnet less as a result because it's so annoying. It's impossible to read a thread on style and beauty because clicking on a link then causes MN to log me out.

RustyBear Sat 22-Feb-14 10:52:36

Just tested on my iphone with iOS7 and it hasn't logged me out when following a link - I got back to the Mumsnet app by using the home button (click once to return to home screen, double click to bring up open apps, touch Mumsnet app to reopen it)

I'll have a try on the iPad, though I'm not sure if I still have the Mumsnet app on it, as I always use Safari.

RustyBear Sat 22-Feb-14 11:02:02

Just checked on the iPad and after clicking on a link and opening Safari, I just go back to the Mumsnet app using the four finger swipe and I'm still logged in.

PuddingAndHotMilk Sun 23-Feb-14 22:19:56

How odd it doesn't stay logged on for me or Therein but does for Rusty and Loopy
I tend to go back via the home button rather than re-opening the app
Will try uninstall/ reinstall and see if that sorts it. confused

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Feb-14 14:29:54

Hi everyone,

Sorry the app is so glitchy! The mobile site is a thing of beauty and works like a charm, can we suggest that you try that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now