Talk

Advanced search

Personhood thread in "In the News"

(9 Posts)
nennypops Wed 19-Feb-14 00:34:08

There are a number of people on that thread seriously questioning why N deleted posts that did not break Talk guidelines. Just drawing attention to it in case MN feel like answering/reviewing their decision.

BackOnlyBriefly Wed 19-Feb-14 00:50:04

No way should they have been deleted. I for one agreed with every word.

ApplesinmyPocket Wed 19-Feb-14 07:54:47

What was the justification for deleting SGB's posts, please? Surely not for being 'an opinion some Mumsnetters don't like'?

NumptyNameChange Wed 19-Feb-14 13:56:02

or worse an opinion that whoever pressed the delete button didn't like?

AuroraRoared Wed 19-Feb-14 14:19:49

Yes, I would like to know why they were deleted too.

CoteDAzur Wed 19-Feb-14 14:40:17

I would like an explanation, too.

SGB wasn't attacking anybody and was just posting her own thoughts iirc.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Feb-14 14:42:19

Hi all,

Thanks for flagging this. We're looking into it now and will be back with an answer ASAP.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Feb-14 15:00:10

Me again!

We've responded on thread, but c&p'ed our response here for you too:

"Thanks for flagging SGB's posts to us. The first one in particular looked a bit beyond the pale to the person on duty - many MNers, of course, have suffered the tragedy of losing a baby pre-term, and SGB's words about 'a few hundred dead or damaged foetuses' were reported by a few people as being dismissive. But on reflection we can see that that was probably the wrong call, so we've reinstated it now. We would be grateful, though, if posters could remain sensitive to the feelings of other MNers whose feelings about pre-term pregnancies are understandably very raw.

Apols for any confusion in the interim."

SolidGoldBrass Wed 19-Feb-14 15:24:45

THanks for reinstating the posts MNHQ. I appreciate that some people find the subject matter upsetting, but I do think that's true of many different threads and topics on the site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now