Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet freezing my iPad.

(18 Posts)
OhBuggerandArse Sat 15-Feb-14 10:14:51

Not sure what's the matter - but if I open mumsnet (web version, in Safari) on the iPad it freezes the whole browser and any other windows I have open. This lasts for a couple of minutes and then the MN page vanishes and the other browser windows work again.

No other site doing this - can browse as normal if no MN involved.

Everything fine on computer and phone so could it be something very specific?

Has been going on for a couple of days.

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 15-Feb-14 11:06:22

Highly techy explanation that has worked for me:

Try doing a forced thingy - open safari and then hold the on/off button and the little dimply bit on the left of the screen down at the same time until the iPad shuts down completely. It will then restart itself.

Open safari again and then Mumsnet (you will have to log in to Mumsnet again)

OhBuggerandArse Sat 15-Feb-14 11:22:36

Thank you. I just tried that - and it froze again immediately! It is very odd, it's not happening with any other websites.

Kasterborous Sat 15-Feb-14 11:30:21

Have you tried clearing your cookies and data, and history on you iPad? Might be worth a go of you haven't.

TheOneWithTheHair Sat 15-Feb-14 11:31:17

It does this to mine too! Very irritating.

OhBuggerandArse Sat 15-Feb-14 11:32:44

Ah, so it's not just me? Maybe it is a Thing!

fuzzywuzzy Sat 15-Feb-14 11:36:24

I've had this too, it stopped for a bit when I installed updates then started again.

I did email MN and they told me it must be just my PC as nobody else has complained.

So glad it's not just my PC I've bee running anti virus and checking my updates like crazy.

IamInvisible Sat 15-Feb-14 11:38:54

It did it to mine too.

I had to do some sort of system reset to stop it.

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 15-Feb-14 11:54:28

Yes, system reset is what I was trying to describe ^^up there. It clears history and cookies and stuff, apparently.

But it hasn't worked for OP sad

Bubble80 Sun 16-Feb-14 10:20:48

Doing it to me too. Thought it was just my ipad air!

OhBuggerandArse Sun 16-Feb-14 11:53:49

Ok, will report this thread and see if anyone at MNHQ can take a look. Anyone else experiencing anything similar please keep adding stories!

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 16-Feb-14 12:03:29

Thank for flagging and sorry to hear you're having problems - we've reported this thread to tech.

Doing it to me too, checked the site on the pc and its fine there. Have reset etc, no difference.

Ipad, safari, desktop site

PlumBear Tue 18-Feb-14 12:23:00

I'm having the exact same problem!

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Feb-14 14:38:00

Sorry this is happening folks! So just to clarify, this is happening to people using safari on an iPad, and no-one else?

mummylin2495 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:01:01

Same problem here safari iPad

mummylin2495 Mon 24-Feb-14 21:46:21

This is happening again tonight MNHQ

OhBuggerandArse Tue 25-Feb-14 18:54:35

Happening again to me too. Did Tech ever get any ideas about what was causing it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now