Talk

Advanced search

Really hate the burnt doll's face with hair straighteners.

(12 Posts)
Wherewhenwhy Mon 10-Feb-14 18:26:42

Any chance of it going?

chemenger Mon 10-Feb-14 18:44:17

I don't think you are meant to like it.

ForgettableTampon Mon 10-Feb-14 18:50:38

yes agree chem

It's horrible, yes

(I don't use straighteners so praps that's why I am okay with it, it's a non-problem, IYSWIM)

<rambles on stream-of-consciousness-stylee>

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Tue 11-Feb-14 14:54:51

yeah, it's meant to be horrible and probably a good thing

What is this? I come straight into Talk which is why I assume I have never seen it - had a quick look at the home page and other bits and still can't see anything! I am itching with curiosity...

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Tue 11-Feb-14 15:07:59

it's an advert about how a certain percentage of burns on children every years are form straightners. Public health campaign and a pic of a doll with a burnt dace.

Ahhh that's why. I don't see the ads. The only person who gets burnt with hair straighteners here is me, currently have a two inch scab across my scalp (luckily under my hair) where I misjudged where my head was. I don't think people do take them as seriously as a hot clothes iron, even though they're essentially the same thing.

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Tue 11-Feb-14 16:36:01

I know people who do their small children's hair with them (like 2 or 3 year old) madness.

MyNameIsWinkly Tue 11-Feb-14 16:40:00

I can't see the ads but I have a very noticeable scar on one cheek from being burned by DM's curling tongs as an infant, so I imagine I am in favour of the campaign.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Feb-14 17:07:40

Hi all,

Sorry if the picture's freaked you out a bit. We know it isn't nice, but that was the intention in order to get the message across.

Hopefully it won't pop up too often for you!

NinjaCow Fri 14-Feb-14 17:09:47

It isn't meant to be pleasant. Imo it isn't disturbing or damaging or anything- memorable though- so is fine.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 14-Feb-14 17:10:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now