Talk

Advanced search

How do I post a photo on a thread?

(16 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Scarletohello Mon 20-Jan-14 14:46:12

Just that really. I see people post pics of their pets etc on a thread but don't know how to do it ( don't mean profile pics )

Thanks!

Ferguson Mon 20-Jan-14 17:48:51

I've not posted pics, but I have added links to sites, into threads, so I would guess pics would be done the same way.

If you have a file of the pics, try following the instructions for 'links' and see if that does it.

On second thoughts, it might not, but I'll give it a try here:

/home/john/Downloads/1000549_642433179117333_1084463159_n.jpg

Ferguson Mon 20-Jan-14 17:52:11

No, sorry that doesn't work, cos it doesn't know where the parent file is.

I'll hunt around, and if I find out I'll try and come back.

Scarletohello Mon 20-Jan-14 21:56:35

Actually I've answered my own question!

At the end of a post there is an option to choose file. You can then link it to your own photos on your phone. Which I did. Result!

Housemum Fri 24-Jan-14 11:30:17

I can't find it! Do I need to be in a different "view" of MN? Thought I was on "new"?

jimthree Fri 24-Jan-14 13:07:51

I can't find this either. This should be really simple! how do I add photos to a post?

NymodigFruOla Fri 24-Jan-14 16:28:58

Housemum and jimthree, posting photos onto a thread is only available in a few topics at the moment. Off the top of my head :

Chat
Have You Seen This
Style & Beauty

If I've missed some topics, apologies.

But underneath the 'posting box' will be options to Add Images.

It's not an option that's generally available right now, MNHQ have said that posting images is on test at the moment, but they're hoping to roll them out to more topics in due course.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jan-14 16:57:27

Glad to see it looks like you've solved your own problem! If you can't post a photo, it's probably because we haven't allowed images to be posted on that board yet. We'll be rolling out images to more topics as soon as we can.

Housemum Fri 24-Jan-14 23:37:30

Thank you smile I was badly trying to explain something in Property/DIY!

NymodigFruOla Sat 25-Jan-14 07:55:26

Housemum, what you could do is start a new thread in Chat or Have You Seen This, post your photo/s on it and then put a link to that thread into your existing thread in Property/DIY.

SezaMcGregor Fri 14-Nov-14 10:30:51

Sorry to revive a Zombie - but how do you add photos to a thread??

FruVikingessOla Sun 16-Nov-14 15:09:29

It depends what device you're using to MN from. I believe that the App doesn't have the ability to post - or see - photos on a thread?

Not sure about about mobile.

I'm MNing from a desktop. So, underneath the 'Message' box there is the option to add images. I've attached an image - which you'll only be able to see if you're using a device where this is available.

New2Baking Tue 18-Nov-14 07:33:19

Hi All, im very new to baking and found mumsnet whilst searching for a 12" cake recipe. The website looks great and the help and advice is overwhelming! Looking forward to learning from you all smile

Mumsky1 Tue 25-Jul-17 20:59:48

We are getting our first puppy and he is beautiful. I really think he looks like a Buster but now Diesel has been thrown into the mix.

Honest opinions please.

FruBayerischOla Wed 26-Jul-17 16:18:50

Lovely dog Mumsky1, but you won't get many replies here on Site Stuff (which is for either technical issues or queries directly relating to the MN website).

It might be better if you start your own thread in Chat www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat or The Doghouse www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_doghouse

PS, Buster is a nice name!!

PPS - also amused to see that, as this thread is three-and-a-half years old, I've posted on it now with 3 different NNs grin

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Jul-17 10:23:03

Mumsky1

We are getting our first puppy and he is beautiful. I really think he looks like a Buster but now Diesel has been thrown into the mix.

Honest opinions please.

Buster or Diesel, either way... He is GORGEOUS! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now