Talk

Advanced search

Write a book review and win 3D figurines of your family

(40 Posts)
RachelCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Jan-14 13:49:12

Mumsnetters don't just impart sound advice on the talk boards - they do it in our reviews section, too. So, we're running a new Review of the Month competition to highlight the best reviews on there.

For January's competition, we've teamed up with Levavo to give one lucky Mumsnetter and her family the exciting opportunity to win a 3D colour scaled model set of themselves. Photographs are taken in their studio, which a high-tech printer then turns into minuature versions of you that will be ready a few days later. Pretty cool huh?

All you have to do to enter is post a review of a book then tell us your name and address here. It can be a review of a book we already have listed, or something new. We'll choose the one we think is most useful, and hey presto, we have a winner. What are you waiting for?

Best of luck,
MNHQ

AtYourCervix Mon 20-Jan-14 16:35:38

That is the freakiest thing I have ever heard.

BigGapMum Mon 20-Jan-14 17:01:35

That's a massive incentive to lose weight quickly so your post Christmas plumbers isn't preserved for posterity.

EduCated Mon 20-Jan-14 17:36:48

Quite possibly the most bizarre thread title I've ever read confused grin

SarahAndFuckTheResolutions Mon 20-Jan-14 17:47:23

If our pretend family includes someone like, say, Matt Smith and David Tennent could we get a 3D model of ourselves made with them? Purely for artistic purposes.

<hopeful>

Nerfmother Mon 20-Jan-14 18:23:01

I've entered blush I live the idea. If I win I'm going to play with them - they can visit the moshi monsters, have little arguments, daddy can sleep somewhere else, I can feed them teeny meals, it'll be like having borrowers.

DoItTooJulia Mon 20-Jan-14 18:36:25

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. A 3d model of my family would totally rock!

Off to write a review or two!

YoniMatopoeia Mon 20-Jan-14 20:51:10

Hahaha. Brilliant. Off to read a book.

MimsyBorogroves Mon 20-Jan-14 22:25:20

Ha! I so have to do this!

would be even more satisfying than the arguments with DH that exists solely in my mind

Theimpossiblegirl Mon 20-Jan-14 22:35:54

These would be so fun! I'm thinking of all the random photographs I could take with them that may be a bit irresponsible to take with real people...

smile

Nerfmother Mon 20-Jan-14 22:39:06

Nooooo, I was hoping noone else would notice and the mini Nerfs would be mine, all mine grin

HanSolo Tue 21-Jan-14 01:00:43

I don't think I can come up with a concept more disturbing than 3D figurines of one's family! confused

Careful Nerf... I may start herding... grin

Nerfmother Tue 21-Jan-14 07:27:33

grin

CormoranStrike Tue 21-Jan-14 09:04:06

LOL I really fancy winni cos I am desperate to see what 3d printing is all about grin

My review has been posted - and it was a reslly good book, called The Husband's Secret.

Do you think you could use these to get around the bedroom tax? wink

MmeLindor Tue 21-Jan-14 11:48:36

Seriously, Mumsnet? What were you thinking? They are the freakiest fucking thing.

Why would anyone want 3D versions of themselves? WHY?

[goes for lie down]

secretscwirrels Tue 21-Jan-14 11:54:13

Is this the next thing to those hideous pictures of babies in plantpots?
Grotesque is the word that comes to mind.

MmeLindor Tue 21-Jan-14 11:56:52

Can they make me skinny? Then I will hang a sing around my skinnyme's neck that says STEP AWAY FROM THE CAKE

Mme, the skinny idea is GENIUS!

But yes HQ what where you thinking?!

Nerfmother Tue 21-Jan-14 18:46:22

Oooh I read the husbands secret and hated it; mum and dd loved it.
That is not my review btw. My review is of The Greengage Summer.
I really really want the figures. I am going to dress them up and stuff. I might switch dh for dds 1D figures

MuttonCadet Tue 21-Jan-14 22:44:36

OMG! Brilliant, just brilliant, have you given up the gin and just started on the shrooms?

TheGirlWhoKickedTheVipersNest Wed 22-Jan-14 10:59:06

Nerfmother I totally agree with you about The Greengage Summer - an elderly relative of mine accidentally took his copy to a charity shop while I was halfway through reading it and then forgot which branch it was in, so I had to scour all the charity shops in the local area to get it back again. You can keep the 3D figures though wink

MrsRuffdiamond Wed 22-Jan-14 13:04:23

Bahahahahaha! You know they come to life at night, don't you?

milk Wed 22-Jan-14 15:16:43

Done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now