Talk

Advanced search

Absolutely no hope of keeping up

(41 Posts)
WideWebWitch Sun 28-May-06 00:31:41

Is it just me or is it bloody hard to keep up?

ScummyMummy Sun 28-May-06 00:33:43

No hope of keeping up anymore, I agree, oh witch of watery wickedness.

Chandra Sun 28-May-06 00:35:06

DO you really manage to keep up?, I think I never did, I live in the allergies topic now but out of it sometimes I even find difficult to keep up with the names

hunkermunker Sun 28-May-06 00:37:46

Psst...there's a good housekeeping topic now...!

Chandra Sun 28-May-06 00:39:28

Housekeeping topic? I can't even keep my house organised how am I going to cope with a housekeeping topic?

jamiesam Sun 28-May-06 00:40:18

What, with everything? Sounds like a mythical age of MN...

Chandra Sun 28-May-06 00:42:26

At the beginning everythig was in darkness and there were 27 active conversations in Mumsnet.

Those days... I could post in all of them before going to sleep!

ScummyMummy Sun 28-May-06 00:42:59

There is? Is it for housework dullards who want to do better or for fully fledged perfectionistic Kim and Aggies?

hunkermunker Sun 28-May-06 00:44:41

It's for Cod

ScummyMummy Sun 28-May-06 00:49:42

Oh right. So it's kind of about lakeland products?

hunkermunker Sun 28-May-06 00:51:47

Weeeeellllll, pretty much

ScummyMummy Sun 28-May-06 00:54:20

Cool. I'll check it out.

Clary Sun 28-May-06 01:12:21

I'm really struggling with who people are just now.
Who is yellowfeathers? (I've forgotten).
I thought Pinkerplink was fiofio but I've seen fiofio posting so now I don't know.
And has fastasleep gone altogether?
etc etc
(Will go and post about laundry in the housekeeping topic tho....)

Pruni Sun 28-May-06 07:20:59

Message withdrawn

PiccadillyCircus Sun 28-May-06 07:36:37

I think plinkerplink is fiofio and that she has staretd being fiofio again.

fastasleep appears to have left

I seem to reserve my remaining brain cells for remembering small facts such as these .

tigermoth Sun 28-May-06 18:45:59

www, I can't keep up either - but then I would be more worried if I could, as there are hundreds of threads now. I can find long threads and I don't recognise a singer poster on them -eek!

Every now and again I pick the name of an active poster at random - someone I can relate to. I then do a search to see what they have posted on, to see what I have been missing - works for me ;)

zippitippitoes Sun 28-May-06 18:49:31

I think there are loads of people and loads of people who have changed names and loads of new people and loads of people with such similar names that i haven't relaised they are new people

Twiglett Sun 28-May-06 18:52:45

there's still only 27 threads that are interesting though .. the rest are dross

charliecat Sun 28-May-06 18:53:47

I read the whole of MN when I first joined, took about 2 days. It would be impossible now

Earlybird Sun 28-May-06 18:55:52

Hey Twiglett - how did you come up with the number 27?

Agree with everyone else - impossible to know who's who anymore with all the namechanges and new folks.

Miaou Sun 28-May-06 18:59:33

ooh I was thinking about starting a similar thread recently ... tbh I now just tend to hone in on familiar names and topics that interest me - however I quite often find I have missed important events in people's lives for days on end. It is soooo different to when I joined (only 2 years ago!)

zippitippitoes Sun 28-May-06 19:01:59

I think a lot of people have joined in the last 5 or 6 weeks, but what seems to happen is that after the flurry the number of posters drops back again and you can get a grip..

if you want to

LadyTophamHatt Sun 28-May-06 19:03:35

Charliecat.....you read the whole on mn???

jesus woman, thats dedication

Mioau, I find myslef doing the same with the familar names thing. Clique anyone??

Earlybird Sun 28-May-06 19:04:10

I know some people have name changed for privacy reasons, but maybe we should start a "who are you know, and who did you used to be" for those of us who are can't keep up? That way, people could voluntarily participate - or not.

charliecat Sun 28-May-06 19:20:44

It was a while back, about 4 years ago i think, and there was only 2 days reading to do, now it would take months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: