Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else find the twitter feed really distracting?

(6 Posts)
OrlaKiely Mon 20-May-13 16:39:43

I am a bit of a sad luddite and I don't do twitter because, frankly it is beyond my capability to understand the blardy thing blush

so the big twitter feed on the right on some pages is driving me a bit mad...I'm trying to read the thread, iyswim? and it keeps MOVING grin

Sorry to be a nuisance. But just wondered if it could be maybe an optional thing like the bar at the top?

If everyone else makes use of it then fair do's but as I said I'm a bit sad and Very Far Behind.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-May-13 17:05:08

Oh we're sorry to hear that, OrlaKeily.

It's only on Chat threads - and we thought it was rather jolly...

Does anyone else have a big problem with it?

OrlaKiely Mon 20-May-13 17:14:15

thanks, Helen, it's not a major issue I'm sure - it just seems to distract me more than the ads do, as it moves up and down so much! And is a constant reminder of how rubbish I am at doing that sort of thing myself blush

Don't worry if it doesn't bother other people. I don't want to make a fuss.

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-May-13 20:16:44

Orla
You're not a luddite you're a Mner wink
Seriously thought, Twitter is great.

ChaoticTranquility Mon 20-May-13 21:07:23

I must be a luddite too. I'm on Twitter and I still don't get it.

Wrt the Twitter feed on mn has it been removed because I can't see it on here (chat)?

ChaoticTranquility Mon 20-May-13 21:18:11

Okay, hang on a minute. I've just realised that this is in 'site stuff'. I was in chat when I clicked on the thread title, how did that happen? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now