Talk

Advanced search

Hey MNHQ, wanna get rid of those offensive American Apparel ads in my sidebar please?

(9 Posts)
midnightexpress Thu 16-May-13 22:35:38

My sidebar is showing me links to American Apparel - specifically the men's flannel shirts. Suggest y'all go and have a look, and click on the bit that says 'see this shirt on a woman'. Just wow. But please don't let them have MN business.

Actually, click here instead and don't give them the traffic:

enblommigtekopp.blogg.se/2013/may/american-apparel-really-know-about-that-unisex-thing-damn-well-english-version.html?utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=bufferf01f3

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 16-May-13 22:50:27

Hi there
Where are you seeing these ads? Are they google ads?
Thanks

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-May-13 09:37:49

Morning. And yikes.

We're taking that ad down right now.

CajaDeLaMemoria Fri 17-May-13 09:40:49

LOVE that blog.

Also, American Apparel really need underwear. Maybe we should protest and send them loads?

quoteunquote Fri 17-May-13 09:40:50

yuk

nannynick Fri 17-May-13 09:56:33

Must be google ad, based on your search history and theme of page being viewed. avoid searching for clothing and viewing threads about clothes.

Meanwhile I expect MNHQ will try to block that advertiser.

midnightexpress Fri 17-May-13 11:03:13

I have no idea if it's a google ad - it's one of the ones that are over there ----> above the 'Mumsnet latest' stuff.

I couldn't quite believe it was real when I read the blog, so I went and had a look at their site and it turns out it's 100% real. So perhaps that's why it came up here as well, if it is a google ad. Anyway, if there's anything you can do to stop them appearing on MN, that would be great.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-May-13 11:58:49

Yes. As we posted earlier, we're taking the ad down.

LifeofPo Fri 17-May-13 12:07:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now