Talk

Advanced search

Why would a poster's post disappear from multiple thread- retrospectively- for breaking talk rules?

(13 Posts)
missbopeep Sun 12-May-13 17:04:04

Query- I am following an Education thread and saw that several posts by someone have been removed today by MN for 'breaking talk guidelines'.

I read the posts yesterday and they seemed fine.

I recognised the poster from a previous Education thread- call it Thread B- last week so checked that out- and all her posts have been removed for the same reason!

Now, I know that in Thread B, as above, the poster did name change but she did it openly as a joke, giving herself a name that was fitting for the thread- and she posted she was doing so.
The thread ran to 1000 posts- but hers have now all gone confused. she posted vociferously and rubbed a few posters up the wrong way but it wasn't that bad- and no on reported her as far as I know.

I even checked her out on Advanced search and she is not there at all.

Anyone know what may have happened via MNHQ?

Tee2072 Sun 12-May-13 17:05:43

She may have asked her stuff to be deleted and MNHQ just put their default delete message.

She may have been found out to be a troll or a previously banned poster.

I doubt HQ will tell you since TSSDNCOP.

CrowsLanding Sun 12-May-13 17:06:09

Has she been banned?

missbopeep Sun 12-May-13 17:22:41

I don't know if she has been/was banned- how would anyone know?

The only reason I picked it up was that I was following a thread yesterday and noticed all her posts had gone- and yet they were quite unoffensive.

Other posters have had posts removed ( not on that thread) but MNHQ say 'at poster's request'.

I don't think she was a troll, but she did give quite a lot of personal and financial information in one thread which some posters thought was
putting herself in a potentially vulnerable position if her identity became known. I would guess that she realised this after posting yesterday and thought back to her previous posts on the same topic, albeit a different thread.

Trill Sun 12-May-13 17:24:03

They may have picked the wrong deletion message in the dropdown.

Or there may have been something going on that you didn't pick up on.

IvorHughJarse Sun 12-May-13 22:03:47

A few years ago I had to de-reg but I needed all my posts gone PDQ. MN wiped them all and I seem to remember they used a message regarding breaking Talk Guidelines. I think the one about 'at poster's request' came later? IDK, but it could be something like that.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 12-May-13 23:37:33

Evening. We'd be happy to answer you as best we can, missbopeep, but we can't do that without knowing the poster's name - and it's probably best not to name her here on this thread.

Why don't you pop up a mail at contactus @ mumsnet.com? And we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

amazingmumof6 Sun 19-May-13 11:32:09

what is TSSCNDOP?

amazingmumof6 Sun 19-May-13 11:33:07

or even TSSDNCOP ?

amazingmumof6 Sun 19-May-13 11:35:16

what are PDQ and IDK, please?

Quejica Sun 19-May-13 12:16:26

TSSDNCOP - The Secret Service Does Not Comment On Procedure

IDK - I Don't Know

PDQ - Pretty Damn Quick

grin

amazingmumof6 Sun 19-May-13 13:13:53

thank you! smile

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sun 19-May-13 13:18:30

were is the education thread?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now