Talk

Advanced search

Please help! why can't I name change?

(11 Posts)
DialsMavis Sat 11-May-13 19:28:26

I posted in chat but was told to try here instead. I am trying to name change to post for some personal advice. But on the my registration page 'DialsMavis' in the chat nickname box is shaded blue and I cannot delete it or write over it. I have tried in both Chrome and Explorer. Does anyone know why this might be? I've haven't name changed for ages, but it has always worked fine when I have in the past.

apatchylass Sat 11-May-13 20:34:35

Not sure but have you tried logging out of the site totally and then logging back in again? Failing that, can you click on nickname history and highlight a previous nickname to see if it will switch to that?

DialsMavis Sat 11-May-13 20:36:22

Thanks for the ideas but I have tried them both. Can't click on any previous nicknames at all, but can see the list smile

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 11-May-13 20:49:42

Hello

Sorry about this - we were having a glitch. We think it's sorted now, if you'd like to try again?

DialsMavis Sat 11-May-13 20:56:59

Thanks Rowan smile, it will have to wait now as the individuals concerned are here for the evening....wink

TheDetective Sat 11-May-13 20:57:31

Mine has been like this for as long as I can remember - It has never let me name change. confused I wanted to be TheDicktective. sad

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 11-May-13 21:02:36

Well we can't possibly allow a situation in which you can't call yourself that... wink

Do you want to try again now?

TheDetective Sat 11-May-13 21:05:37

Waaaaaaaaah! Still no! sad

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 11-May-13 21:22:52

Aaargh.

how about now?

TheDicktective Sat 11-May-13 21:35:36

grin

Thank you!

DialsMavis Sat 11-May-13 22:02:12

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now