Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet favourite quotes of all time

(9 Posts)
harpsichordcarrier Thu 18-May-06 17:07:16

(with apologies for inaccuracies)

IF my DH woke me up at 6am I would sh*t on his side of the bed. (Custy)

I will feed my baby how I want and if it turns their stomachs they can F off. (hunkermunker)

Mumsnet is a family of love and knuckles. (papillon I think)

I am just looking at the lettuce (moondog's dd's excuse for keep opening the fridge at Christmas time)

and probably my favourite:

I must be thinking of Burma...

sparklemagic Thu 18-May-06 18:25:54

mine is from a 'things children say' thread and I don't know who it was but their darling child said to their father while in a communal changing room;"Look daddy, that man's willy is bigger than yours!"

I just cannot imagine the torment of that poor man

Mercy Thu 18-May-06 18:56:17

I was thinking about the lettuce one the other day funnily enough but couldn't remember whose child had said it. It still makes me laugh!

What's the Burma one?

Milliways Thu 18-May-06 19:09:43

God rest ye merry, Mumsnetters
Let nothing you dismay
Remember, to buy batteries,
To use on Christmas day
To save us all from Mega strops
When Children go astray
O tidings of Argos and joy,
Argos and joy
O tidings of Argos and joy.

By Martian Bishop

harpsichordcarrier Fri 19-May-06 11:43:13

mercy - it was a mumsnetter who when pregnant was asked by her tweedy work colleague "so how long will you breastfeed? till they're three I suppose? no? oh I must have been thinking of Burma"

it is my new answer when I asked why I seem to be still feeding a three year old - "I must have been thinking of Burma...."

NotActuallyAMum Fri 19-May-06 16:05:54

expatinscotland on the thread about old people waving walking sticks around. Someone said be careful what was said in case any old people look at the thread:

"Yeah well bring it on - unless they can wave their sticks in cyberspace I'm taking names and kicking arse!

bluejelly Fri 19-May-06 16:07:25

Still don't get the burma one
Am I really thick?

harpsichordcarrier Fri 19-May-06 21:42:14

it is rather surreal bluejelly
bit I think she was an ex colonial type who was trying to (subtly) refer to the "natives"

SenoraPostrophe Fri 19-May-06 22:04:19

I can't remember who posted it (maybe suzywong?) but my favourite quote ever was something like "but you can just turn sheets over after a few weeks and get another week's wear out of them, like pants"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: